March 4th Miracle...what pier in Colon Panama?

hayloburger

We are cruising on the Carnival Miracle March 4th. We will be in Colon, Panama on Sunday March 7th.....our private tour operator is asking what pier we will be docked at (there are three).

Carnival stated that they don't release the info until a few days before....but isn't there a website somewhere that gives port info?

Thanks in advance!

We took this cruise in November... not sure what the name of the pier is, but I can tell you how to get there.

You enter the shipping port, not the entrance to the panama canal (though you can see that from the ship.

After making a 90 degree turn, the ship backs up for a good long ways and eventually comes to the dock. It's pretty new looking, and there is a supermarket and lots of shops right there in the dock area.

Miracle docked on the port side.

Here it is, exactly: Click Link - Google Maps

Hi there! We booked the CL001 tour with My Friend Mario. This tour takes you to a old colonial fort overlooking where the Chagres river meet the sea. There was a large toucan in a tree there and we got some good photos. We also saw numerous sloths and monkeys in the trees and got photos of them also.

We made some stops along the way, mainly for bathrooms because there was a cooler full of drinks (including beer) in each van.

We also saw the Panama Canal. We crossed it twice on a little bridge that spans the canal briefly while the ships are not using it. We saw some big container ships up close as they transited the canal.

All in all it was the best tour on the cruise! We loved it and recommend My Friend Mario very highly.

LOVED the CL001 tour with Mario!! PHENOMENAL DAY! Our tour was $55 per person.

If you do a google search for my friend mario.. you will find the website...

Also pictures from our tour with Mario on my Freedom review..you can click the link in my signature.

Also, if you look in the special 'port of call' section you will see LOTS of info on private tour operators. Without question, My Friend Mario is probably the MOST utilized private tour guide by CC members ( at least from what I can tell!) I have yet to see a dis satisfied review that used them.

Archived