Extra Pounds ?

Interrogation Room

If you are really concerned about weight gain, eat breakfast and lunch in the dining room or at the deli. Skip the buffet and you shouldn't have a problem. You are less likely to over eat if you by-pass the buffet..You can get great meals without the worry of over indulging...( then you can have the extra dinner desserts ):rolleyes:

I gained 10 pounds on our first cruise. :eek: It was our honeymoon, I had been dieting like crazy for the wedding and I just let loose on the ship. I ate and drank whatever I wanted. I was one of those "eat 'cuz you can" people you seen on the ship.

On our second cruise, I didn't gain one pound. We vowed never to use the elevators and my husband (or drill sergeant...) made sure we stuck to that. We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner but never snacked in between, always took the stairs, did a few laps of the ship every day (walking), did very active excursions and ate sensibly. Don't get me wrong, I still ate what I wanted, but had sensible portions.

After losing 60lbs this year I plan on eating pretty much the same as I do at home and using the gym everyday. I've worked too hard to backslide even on a cruise...

:D

I hear ya, that will be me. I have lost 30 lbs so far & still have 8 months until the cruise.

I hear ya, that will be me. I have lost 30 lbs so far & still have 8 months until the cruise.

That was pretty much what I had decided on before I went in November. I've been doing WW since July, and I didn't want to throw it all in the trash!

I'm down 45 so far, and hoping for a few more by April.

Congrats to both of you on your awesome losses so far!!!:)

That was pretty much what I had decided on before I went in November. I've been doing WW since July, and I didn't want to throw it all in the trash!

I'm down 45 so far, and hoping for a few more by April.

Congrats to both of you on your awesome losses so far!!!:)

Thank-you & congrats on your weight loss, that's great.

I read in a cruise magazine the average passenger gains 3-4 lbs. on a 7-day cruise.

I rarely gain while cruising. I eat my share (and more); however, I do a lot of walking during the cruise....on the ship as well as in ports.;)

It's good to know I'm "above average" at something! :D

I used to routinely diet to lose 10-15 pounds right before a 7 day cruise and would come out even at the end. Now, rather than that program, which is a PIA, we simply started taking the stairs and booking rooms in the front or back of the ship which requires MUCH more walking!! For the last several cruises since we have started doing this I have not gained a pound on any cruise, and in fact came back from 2 of them with less weight than I started with, LOL. Those stairs and 800ft of hallway are a workout!!

I tend to average about 5 pounds for a 7 day cruise. It is usually temporary and gone by the end of the second week back.

In order to lose and maintain my weight I eat a low calorie diet, and exercise for over 1hr a day 5-6 days a week. I am currently down 27 pounds in the past three months, and am working for another 15 before my cruises. It will help a lot when I can start biking and hiking outside again... to cold and wet right now.

Hi, Good thread...How are you guys losing the weight besides WW...? Thanks

In addition to WW, I also workout at LA Fitness 3 days per week. I work with a personal trainer for 1/2 hour each time, and then I do 1 hour of high intensity cardio on all three days.

Has anyone ever put on a "few" extra pounds while on a cruise?:confused:

My weigh is about 230 pounds. Don't want to end my first cruise with more than that:eek:

I think it all depends on your normal eating habits. If you are a heavy eater, the difference onboard won't be much. Also depends on your exercise level when you are about your daily life. I am obsessive about my weight and I practically watch everything I put into my mouth on a daily basis, weekends included! HOWEVER, when I go on a cruise, I let myself enjoy the meals somewhat, certainly more than I would normally. But that's seven days of "enjoyment" and a lot more than I eat normally, so yeah, I put on a few pounds, rarely more than three or four. I try to keep it at that being the most by (a) sharing desserts with my husband, (b) eating as little bread as I can, © keeping it easy during breakfast and lunch so I can enjoy dinner, (d) visiting the gym as often as I can/or in the alternative, walking 4, 5 miles each morning on deck and finally we try to do a lot of walking in ports (in Barbados this past December we walked about 10 miles). It's also a really good way to get to know the ports.

Has anyone ever put on a "few" extra pounds while on a cruise?:confused:

My weigh is about 230 pounds. Don't want to end my first cruise with more than that:eek:

The real question should be has anyone ever NOTT put on a few pounds while cruising.

Lets see...three FULL meals...all you eat pizza, ice cream, room service 24 hours a day...extra meals late night (burgers, mexican, etc.)

The good news is that when you put on the extra pounds fast, it will also come off pretty fast, but you will have to work at it.

I normally gain a pound a day...but if I work at it can lose those pounds in a couple of weeks.

Archived