I dive, DW doesn't. What to do?

Orcrone

Well, I do dive as well as my DH, but not at every port, like he likes to do. So, I take a ship excursion or shop while he dives. Hey, diving excursions are expensive, so I tell him I get to buy at least the equivalent of his excursion costs-heh heh.

This is the DH.

Just FYI, it's never been bad diving "alone", when my wife does a different activity. At Cozumel, I dove with three others and a dive master. We pretty much stayed as a group of 5 anyway. When I've not been somewhere before, I like the divemaster's tour. They point out lots of stuff I would never see. Eels and lobster that are back in the rocks, and eagle rays swimming in open water.

It was the same way in Antigua, when she did the land tour, and I did a dive. We just went as a loose group (there were a couple other "singles" there, as well). The divemaster did a great job of pointing out two huge green moray eels, two nurse sharks and 20-30 huge lobsters I probably never would have seen.

So as long as your wife won't feel abandoned, you shouldn't have any reservations.

--Dave (Karen's husband)

• 2 weeks later...

I found a very good solution for when I dive and leave DW alone. I just give her a credit card and tell her to have as much fun shopping as I have diving. She has a long way to go to spend as much as I spent on my classes, equipment, and dives. (over $4,000 so far counting the hotel rooms for weekend dives).:D

Archived