Princess Costa Rica Favourites (Puntarenas)

cjcruises

Hi everyone.

DH & I are planning to go on the Costa Rica Favourites excursion from Puntarenas when on Island Princess next month.

I'd like some feedback from anyone who has done this excursion.

Honestly, I am quite nervous at the thought of our boat overturning in crocodile infested waters. (Silly, I know. But when one has 3 young children one tends to be keenly aware of one's mortality.)

Does anyone have photos from this excursion that they'd be willing to share? (Or can someone maybe offer a description of the aforementioned boat, so I won't feel quite so neurotic about the whole thing.)

Thanks,

Charity

We did this on our own, but did see a Princess excursion group on another boat. This site will give you some idea: http://www.crocodilerivertour.com/photogallery.html

Our boat was pretty large (could hold 30+ persons), and the ride was smooth. We saw lots of birds and crocodiles. I don't think you need to worry about boat overturning. However, this does not mean that little kids won't fall into the river. If you want to get on this ride, you really need to keep your eyes on small kids.

Thanks so much for the reassurance. No worries of little ones running about. They are staying home while DH have a grown-ups only vacation.

I was just worried about my parents having to explain to my kids that I'd been eaten by a pack of hungry crocs!

Took awhile to find my pics, here are a few shots we took on the Tarcoles River Croc tour.....

The boats are large enough for you to walk around and you would have to work at it to "fall" overboard. We took the tour through RCI.

e704qr.jpg

10e0hg5.jpg

2r2qg5i.jpg

Archived