St John, NB/St Andrew/Reversing Falls

The falls are very close to the ship so it is possible. The biggest factor will be the time of the tide (google it). Ideally if it was later you could stop there on the way back from St Andrews.

I've been reading some threads on tour companys that 'time' your tour for the time of the tide.... any ideas on who they are?

Not sure sorry. We rented a car and actually went to St Martin, would have liked to do St Andrews but had to pick just one. We saw the falls on the way back to drop off the car. It is literally so close to the ship my pictures have the ship in the background of the picture!

Is it possible to do a trip to St Andrews and a trip to the reversing falls all in one day? We will be in St John from 7-3pm on October 4th. How do we get information about the best time to visit reversing falls?

That is exactly what we did last year on our tour to St. Andrews. The first stop is to see the Fall. Then we went to see some Fort and then spent the rest of our time in St. Andrews. On the way back they timed it so once again we went to the Falls and saw them in the reverse direction. Once we were dropped off we still had time to walk around the market that is right next to the dock.

Thought I would tell you who we used: www.freedomtours.com

We took the tour which included St. Martin and the trip to the falls was timed for the tide.

THANKS! I've looked into them too. I'd like to use a tour company because I'm sure they'd know how to time the tide. I've found the tide prediction table, but not sure I understand EXACTLY when we should be there!!!:rolleyes:

THANKS! I've looked into them too. I'd like to use a tour company because I'm sure they'd know how to time the tide. I've found the tide prediction table, but not sure I understand EXACTLY when we should be there!!!:rolleyes:

They were very helpful and responded right a way to all my questions. Our driver met us in the building at the pier and gave us a very personable tour. E-mail them for a list of their 2010 Cruise Ship tours. The only thing, though, is that they need 4 persons for tours. Their vans will hold 5 adults comfortably. If it is only the 2 of you, maybe you can get others to join you from your cruise thread. Have a great cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived