Still no dress!

weddingmoon

Okay, as of now I am getting married in my birthday suit. I am having the hardest time finding a dress that screams "wear me". I have purchased to only to feel blah about them. Can anyone give me ideas or places to look? I have two months to find something great!

Okay, as of now I am getting married in my birthday suit. I am having the hardest time finding a dress that screams "wear me". I have purchased to only to feel blah about them. Can anyone give me ideas or places to look? I have two months to find something great!

Since you don't have much time...going with a high end designer may not be an option. Check out good ole David's Bridal. My second dress was purchased from them and it was from the bridesmaid line. Very comfy, very light and very affordable. It was similar to the one on the link, yet it was full length in the back and went to my knees in the front. It also had beading along the waist & top so it worked out really well.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49998974&currentIdx=56&subCategory=-49998976%7c-49998975%7c-49998974&catentryId=6096807&sort=

I am getting married on the beach. I have this image of something light and flowy.

i actually didn't buy it. it was a promo for some modeling i did. i ended up with a whole line. the name brand is kleids. they are a beach resort wear, casual elegant style. here is the website

http://kleids.com/index.html

i looked through the page and don't see anything resembling it. it did say you could request a catalog.the dress is several years old, as i was married almost 4 years ago. it was ankle length, double lace, ivory in color. very comfortable, light and airy. here is another link to my facebook photo, hope you can see it.

http://www.facebook.com/stephanie.j.riggins?ref=profile#!/photo.php?pid=1814079&id=514877135

let me know if i can help with anything more.

I got mine on craigslist, it sounds cheesy but it fit great and looked beautiful, just an older version. I bought it because I loved the way it looked and thought if I found a better one that I could replace it since it didn't cost as much but I never found anything I liked more.

I'm partial to J Crew's wedding collection myself. Several of them are silk tricotine which is a gorgeous matte silk with a great drape. Not heavy at all but still a nice substantial soft fabric. I've got the Robin gown (in black) and am considering it in ivory for my wedding dress.

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WeddingParties/Wedding_Bride/gowns/PRDOVR~11831/11831.jsp

I have a JCrew silk dress I was thinking of getting married in it but I my boobs look like they're about to fall out and I like A line dresses since I'm not a size 0 I need to hid everything I can. But I do plan on wearing the Jcrew dress on the boat for one of the formal nights.

• 1 month later...
I did!!! I went to David's Bridal.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&catentryId=6110589

I am now looking for a second one since we are NOW having a second ceremony.

Very pretty! I bought one and then found my dream dress so I had 2 also but only wore one. Now I'm going to sell them both and try to recoup a little of my money. I swear dress shopping made me lose my mind!! Good luck!

You can say that again. I seriously just want to stop and forget about the second ceremony. We initially planned to for just the two of us to get married in St. Thomas but now we have decided to have a small ceremony here in NC to include family. I figured we could do a vow renewal in St. Thomas, but part of me wants to skip it all together. My WC said it would be possible, but my only reason for doing it would be for the photos. I have to decide by friday :confused:

I see that you've gone to Davids bridal and found something, yay! If you need your second dress....

Another place to try is www.bestbridalprices.com. I ordered my dress from them and LOVE their customer service - even got my custom ordered dress a month early. Only caveat is you would need to look in the "quick delivery" section as you would not have enough time to custom order.

Good luck!

Archived