Early Saver & OBC

CruzLuvr!

Our upcoming cruise was booked with our TA with the early saver rate. Carnival is now offering a past guest rate for our upcoming cruise cheaper than our EA rate. When I contacted our TA she mentioned that rather than go through the hassle of submitting the EA paperwork to Carnival for a $20 OBC, she would give us a $25 OBC out of her commission. WOO HOO. I know its only $25 but every little bit helps and since we are cruising on the Dream and during spring break time, I didn't think that we would get a lower rate than the $609/pp that we originally paid.:D

Our upcoming cruise was booked with our TA with the early saver rate. Carnival is now offering a past guest rate for our upcoming cruise cheaper than our EA rate. When I contacted our TA she mentioned that rather than go through the hassle of submitting the EA paperwork to Carnival for a $20 OBC, she would give us a $25 OBC out of her commission. WOO HOO. I know its only $25 but every little bit helps and since we are cruising on the Dream and during spring break time, I didn't think that we would get a lower rate than the $609/pp that we originally paid.:D

IMO This seems strange; the reduction to her commission would have been 10% to 15% of the $20 drop, for which she's paying you $25. ken

I thought the same thing but - she said it was worth it to her to give us a $25 OBC rather than deal with the hassle of dealing with the paperwork and Carnival for the $20 OBC.

I didn't really care how she handled it as long as I got at the least $20 OBC that I would have received from Carnival if I was able to submit the form myself.

The only paperwork she has to fill out is a quick form online.I just hope you really do have the OBC when you get on board.

I hate to be a downer but as they say, "If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is."

Already checked to see if my documents had been updated and they have. Documents show a "$25 onboard credit".

Is it possible she had the OBC credit at her disposal to use at her own discretion - and is choosing to give it to the OP, while not cutting into her commission on the original fare?

This could very well be the case, but hey if she's willing to give us $25 versus the $20 that we would actually get from Early Savers then I'll take it. Already checked my documents and the $25 onboard credit is showing there. She didn't give me a hard time about the price reduction - but if there happen to be more price drops and she isn't willing to do the work (which I highly doubt - she has been an excellent TA and done whatever she can to get us the best deal possible) then I'll go to her supervisor.

Archived