Price so low it's almost free!

gargoyle999

According to this article, CC editor-in-chief says you shouldn't pay more than $100/pp per day for an inside cabin. Guess the $51/pp I'm paying for my inside on the Splendor next Feb is a steal! :p

oh...and I guess the deals are going away. :(

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/02/18/finding.cruise.deals/index.html?hpt=C2

Paying 100.00 a day for inside seems high to me.....paying 56.00 for Miracle before taxes, 62.00 with taxes...:rolleyes:

That's what I thought too. We paid <$100/pp per day with taxes for our cruise on the Spirit in Nov in an aft balcony. I really hope that deals don't get so bad that $100/pp per day for an inside become a reality.

According to this article, CC editor-in-chief says you shouldn't pay more than $100/pp per day for an inside cabin. Guess the $51/pp I'm paying for my inside on the Splendor next Feb is a steal! :p

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/02/18/finding.cruise.deals/index.html?

$100 a day PP for an inside? No way for us. we NEVER pay more than $50 a day pp and many times it is well under that. We cruised on the Miracle a few months back and got an extended aft balcony for $71 PP including all taxes.

Our cruise next January on Splendor we are paying $48 a day for the "inside" cabin that is actually a porthole cabin and $62 a day (for the first two $25 a day for the other 2) for the connecting outside cabin. I think this next cruise though we are paying around $75 a day for outside. I wish I would have booked for Jan or Feb rather than spring break and saved some money. Lesson learned though.

How in the world do you people find such great deals? Maybe it's because I usually sail during the more popular seasons since that's when I'm off, so I never bother looking at a cruise price during the off season. But the cruise I'm looking at now has inside for about $650, and a balcony for $930, and I kind of thought that was a steal right there, since my last cruise was over New Years, and I paid about $1200 per person for an inside cabin.

In past years, we used to shoot for under $100 per person per day for an inside, but now that's WAY overpriced! Now I too shoot for the elusive $50 per person per day, and usually wind up at $65-$70. Still not a bad deal IMO. Love the pricing of cruising now days, and hope it doesn't go back up too much. :D

"SKY"

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/02/18/finding.cruise.deals/index.html?hpt=C2

That seems very high to me for an inside. I try to aim for $100/pp per day for a Balcony!!!!

I think they were referring to all the major cruise lines and the $100 is the cutoff for a good deal.

I say this because I've looked at a few different lines including HAL and some of those, the prices were higher. On HAL there's a 7 day cruise in Jan 2011 leaving Tampa and the inside rooms start at 649pp. On Carnival, the 7 day in Jan 2011 out of Tampa starts at 479pp. We paid 1516 before taxes/fees for four of us in a 4k on the Legend (obstructed view with french doors) which works out to 54.14 per person per night. If it were just DH and I, it would be $77pp per night.

So, I can see why the article says you shouldn't pay more than $100pp for an inside. Would I pay that much? No. But then again, I usually book a cheap hotel when we go places (especially if it's only for one night) because we don't spend much time in the room...usually just to sleep and shower.

I agree with you I start out paying around $100pp for a balcony but with early saver pricing can get as low as $86.

Love ES:)

$86 is sweet. Anytime I drop near or below $100 for a balcony I am extremely proud of myself!

I have to think the outrageous prices of Disney and Oasis have to be skewing this number?

Maybe I am just spoiled by Carnival's pricing.

How in the world do you people find such great deals? Maybe it's because I usually sail during the more popular seasons since that's when I'm off, so I never bother looking at a cruise price during the off season. But the cruise I'm looking at now has inside for about $650, and a balcony for $930, and I kind of thought that was a steal right there, since my last cruise was over New Years, and I paid about $1200 per person for an inside cabin.

OUCH!! :eek: Hope the "complimentary" champagne was worth it.

How in the world do you people find such great deals? Maybe it's because I usually sail during the more popular seasons since that's when I'm off, so I never bother looking at a cruise price during the off season.

Bingo!

Try looking at sailings when the kids are in school. Jan/Feb, April/May, Sept - Nov and early Dec.

Archived