Sushi options?

minniemom2009

I know there is a $15 surcharge for all-you-can eat sushi at dinner, but I thought I read somewhere that it was available on the buffet at lunch. Is that true?

If one person in your party wants it for dinner, can the other people order something else or is sushi the only option in that "restaurant?" Thanks!

If there is any sushi in the buffet, I would bet it is the non-fish type (omelet or veggie only), as they have strict rules for sushi (you can't get it for room service, even in suites).

You will generally have the option to have the second person order from the Asian (non-sushi) menu in their shared dining room. I can't speak for all ships, but the ones I have been on have this option.

Robin

Thanks for all the info. Our last cruise was on RCCL and they had sushi every night for dinner at the buffet. DH is a sushi addict! LOL! We would have dinner every night in the dining room and then head up to the buffet for sushi.

I like it, but as a vegetarian, I only eat the vegetable kind and I can't eat a lot at one time so I know it wouldn't be worth it for me to do the all you can eat. But, it's good to know that we'll be able to get some at the buffet.

Thanks again!

Sushi is best the first couple of days of your cruise, we like it on the first sea day for lunch when everything is still fresh. We have had asian and sushi at the same meal.

Can you order some sushi and order off the regular asian menu or do one of you have to eat only sushi and the other eat only the asian? TIA

Can you order some sushi and order off the regular asian menu or do one of you have to eat only sushi and the other eat only the asian? TIA

We got in good with the staff at both and just asked for a mixed plate of rolls and sashimi , they never charged us for the sushi bar food, so i'm not sure if you order off both menu's.

There is veggie Sushi (generally) served in the buffet for lunch and dinner.

The designated Asian-themed restaurant (if your ship has one) will serve Sushi for dinner at the Sushi bar and in the larger restaurant which is contiguous.

Dining partners can order off either menu (or both).

I am unsure if this applies to the special Teppanyaki room, which is separate.

Also, the Sushi bar is open for all-you-can-eat LUNCH on sea days; surcharge applies.

For the most part, you have to order one or the other. But there's nothing saying that you can't share your different meals... We do that all the time, with everything on the table served family-style.

Robin

Archived