Charge for Electric Cart rental

OleSalt

I see all kinds of info on firms renting carts for use on board ship. However, the charge per day or per week etc. seems a closely guarded secret.

Can anyone give a ballpark figure by the day or week or month for an electric vehicle delivered aboard ship.

I realize there are different vehicles to choose from, that is why I say "Ballpark figure"

EX: Around $ 10/day or around $ 200/week etc.

Thanks for the help.

Olesalt

I rented a mid-size scooter for my DH from Care Vacations two weeks ago for our March 20th cruise on the Ruby Princess. The price was $215 for 10 days. They did mention they were running a special...not sure how long the special was running for.

Hope this will help!

Assume by cart you mean mobility scooter. Prices vary depending on the following factors :

• 3 wheel scooter vs. 4 wheel scooter
  • Under 300# weight load scooter
  • Over 300# weight load scooter ( referred to as a bariatric scooter)
  • Length of cruise
  • Whether it's a closed loop cruise with only one port being involved or 2 seperate ports for embarkation and de-embarkation. Port charges vary greatly
  • Whether the rental company is running a special at time of booking

On average a 3 wheel scooter , under 300# weight load scooter for a 7 day cruise will run between $225 - $260. May be less if there's a promotion. The cost is not a gaurded secret, the companies just don't publish the rates on their website because of the variables that influence the rental fee. All you have to do is call them and that will be happy to quote you over the phone.

Archived