Waitlisted Traditional Dining

ChattyC

I am waitlisted at #32 with just over 2 weeks to go before my cruise. Don't think at this point my chances are good for my requested table for 2. Has anyone had any experience with possibly tipping the Matre'd once on board in order that he may be able to accomodate the request?

For a table of two, why don't you opt for PC? Find a table and waiters you like and tell the Maitre D' you want to sit there at the time you want for the remainder of the cruise.. The menu is the same for both Traditional and PC.

Thank you for that suggestion. I have tried PC dining twice. It is fine. Am with my mother on this trip and she likes those little extras you get in the Traditional Dining Room. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Thank you for that suggestion. I have tried PC dining twice. It is fine. Am with my mother on this trip and she likes those little extras you get in the Traditional Dining Room. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

If the little extras come from the interaction you have with a regular wait staff in Traditional Dining, Largin is correct. You can have the same experience in Anytime Dining. Just reserve the same table for the cruise. One extra you might miss is the Baked Alaska parade, but I think I've heard they have the dessert...just not the parade.

An alternative is to see the Matre’d when you come on board. If you don’t have the Traditional time you want, ask them to get you a standing reservation in the Anytime Dining room. They should be able to accommodate you.

I am waitlisted at #32 with just over 2 weeks to go before my cruise. Don't think at this point my chances are good for my requested table for 2. Has anyone had any experience with possibly tipping the Matre'd once on board in order that he may be able to accomodate the request?
You don't say which ship you are on - some ships do not have tables for 2 in the traditional dining rooms anymore. Being on the list only insures a table not the size table.

I also would also like to know what "little extras" she gets in the traditional dining rooms. We have never found any that you can't have in the anytime dining rooms.

bjs is correct - the ship can make a difference.

We wanted a table for two, traditional dining, on the Grand.

We were told there are NO tables for two on the Grand...if we really wanted to sit at a table for two, then we needed to do anytime dining. That's what we ended up with.

Is it true one can order off the menus of the 'specialty resturants' while dining in the non-fee resturants? If so, how does that work??Thanks..
No you can not order off the "specialty" resturant's menus outside of those restuarants. I believe you are thinking of the Diamond's 4 "theme" anytime dining rooms. You are given one of these to try in the traditional dining room.

When We booked in Nov. We were on Waitlist for late traditonal seating. Our # was 68. We now have confirmed Late Traditional Seating on CP for Feb.26 Cruise. Enjoy your cruise. You may be pleasantly suprised as you have 2 weeks to go.

Archived