FBI investigating another cruise ship death

Oh goodie. Can't wait to read all the speculation from the amateur sleuths who will be quick to tell us what must have happened and won't let whatever facts the authorities discover deter them from propounding their bizarre theories.:rolleyes:

I think it was Mr. Plum in the library with the candlestick......Oh that was the game of Clue I played earlier.....er....nevermind.;):)

Well when you think that some cruiseships can carry up to 5000 passengers plus crew, and given that a large number of passengers are older it would be safe to assume that it naturally results in a fair number of medical or natural deaths each year.

Then you also have the occasional jumpers.

I don't have the statistics but I would guess someone here does.

On the carnival board, they are saying there were 2 on this ship

One was an overdose & one a murder.

Not sure of the truth but this article was posted

http://www.familybadge.org/(X(1)S(4qpvrr45l1gha4b4rgwutl55))/default.aspx?act=Newsletter.aspx&category=News+1-2&newsletterid=18063&menugroup=Home

thanks for the update

On the carnival board, they are saying there were 2 on this ship

One was an overdose & one a murder.

Not sure of the truth but this article was posted

http://www.familybadge.org/(X(1)S(4qpvrr45l1gha4b4rgwutl55))/default.aspx?act=Newsletter.aspx&category=News+1-2&newsletterid=18063&menugroup=Home

Hey why let any questions about the accuracy of an article deter you from repeating it?:rolleyes: That's how the most outrageous rumors get started.;)

Hey why let any questions about the accuracy of an article deter you from repeating it?:rolleyes: That's how the most outrageous rumors get started.;)

or you could weigh articles and facts using your own independent judgment. didn't anyone starting any rumors. he clearly stated he wasn't sure of the reliability of the source.

would hope most people dont take everything on tv or the internet as fact

I did indicate that a post on the Carnival board said there were 2 deaths, that I don't know the accuracy of.

However, the article that was posted, I stated this was an article posted.

Maybe it is all true & maybe it isn't true but the fact remains that I'm going on a cruise tomorrow & I do have comfort knowing that it doesn't seem to be a random murder.

I feel really bad for the person or people who have died on a cruise, it is not something your family should have to deal with upon expecting you to return home.

When you think about how many people are on cruises every week, it's a safe assumption that deaths occur with some regularity. I live in a county of about 86,000 and, based on my Dispatching experience, I would say we average at least 5-10 deaths each week. (Not counting all of the nursing home and hospital deaths that I never have to hear about.)

Per the local news, 32F died aboard the ship, and at present there is no foul play suspected. Some people get over stimulated and die of accelerated natural causes...it does happen so nobody should just assume murder, cover ups etc...

Per the local news, 32F died aboard the ship, and at present there is no foul play suspected. Some people get over stimulated and die of accelerated natural causes...it does happen so nobody should just assume murder, cover ups etc...

What is the context of "overstimulated" ?:confused: Does the little blue pill have something to do with this situation?:eek: So many questions...so many cruisers.

These stories really intrigue me. I for one can never imagine anyone wanting to jump off a cruise ship. I can't understand why anyone would want to take their own life or someone else's. I realize things may be bad, but I for one can't understand it for the life of me.

I do think that deaths on cruise ships are natural like heart attacks and etc. Then there are the jumpers, but with so many people around, that's a bad spot for murder, though most of the recent ones have only been speculation I believe...

I don't think this should deter anyone's opinion of cruises though, because things like this happen everywhere, and when you gather a large number of people together in one area, especially with alcohol around, things happen.

What is the context of "overstimulated" ?:confused: Does the little blue pill have something to do with this situation?:eek: So many questions...so many cruisers.

*lol* I was thinking too much excitment of whatever kind...leading to an acute myocardial infarction. Happens to young sports figures at times.

heartfelt condolences to the young womans family, the fbi were called as she was found in her cabin and they have juristiction over international waters , it is very sad however to agree with the other posters with the many thousands of people that sail every week it would be more unusual for there not ever to be a death, comes to us all.

or you could weigh articles and facts using your own independent judgment. didn't anyone starting any rumors. he clearly stated he wasn't sure of the reliability of the source.

would hope most people dont take everything on tv or the internet as fact

My general rule of thumb is that if you can't be sure of the accuracy of an account, especially when it deals with a sensitive issue such as someone's death, it is better not to post it and run the risk of spreading a false and sometimes malicious or hurtful rumor. Posting a disclaimer that you can't attest to the accuracy of the report is really a copout and a way of having it both ways - spreading the rumor while being able to deny any responsibility for its truthfulness. Just my opinion.:)

The one found on disembarkation morning was said to be found in her cabin on Saturday morning. Perhaps when she did not check or "ding out thru security" they looked in the cabin or the Cabin Steward found her.

Sad either way, and sad for her family.

Archived