Silvermoon Totally booked.,...any other?

cetcet

We tried booking with Silvermoon for our april cruise...and they are completely booked...wondering if any of you had taken another one for the excursion snorkling with sea turtles....PLEASE LET ME KNOW !!!

Cetcet ,

We have had nothing short of wonderful times with Captain Ron . Don't know how to cut and paste but if you google Capt. Ron Barbados you will find him , he and Sarah , his first mate are top notch !!! Good luck and have fun !

Ted

We were in Barbados the last week of January 2010 and did the sail with Calabaza Sailing.

IT was an amazing day, one of our best tours ever. The cab driver that picked us up was early and very nice. He drove us to the catamaran once everyone was there. They only take a maximum of 12 people, but it is a large catamaran that could fit lots more. We saw a couple of catamarans out that day that only had a few people but they were tiny and didn't look comfortable.

We had 3 crew members. They fed us banana bread and these great fish ball things (didn't think I would like them but they were great) on our sail out. They were always making sure we had everything we needed! The drinks were great and were always quickly brought to you. The lunch was also fabulous.

It was a bit windy the day we were out, so instead of going to the Paines bay turtle stop, which was crowded and windy we sailed all the way up the west end, to a very nice little cove like area with tons of turtles and less tours. The turtles were very tame and came right up to you and around you. It was almost impossible to not touch them. We loved this stop, it was great.

We then had another snorkel stop, I think the stops depend on the day and what is best. Again the stop was nice and calm and lots of fish and coral to see.

All in all it was a great day and I would highly recommend Calabaza to anyone!

Have a great cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

We also recently took "Calabaza" and you will love it. The best crew and food and drinks. I am 70 and swam with the turtles and loved it. They are incredible. We also saw whales. What a treat. ENJOY!!!!!!

Do yourself a favor and take the Calabaza. It is the best experience that I have had in Barbados, and the crew is like friends. It is a special trip with special food, drinks, and good music.

We sailed with Heat Wave a few days ago and really enjoyed our day. The crew was really friendly, the swimming and snorkeling was great, and lunch was absolutely delicious!! I would go on this tour again, especially with the reasonable price.

Archived