Open Water Referral Certification Dives

farb

I am planning to do my classroom & pool work for my PADI certification next week and looking to complete my Open Water Certification dives while on a cruise the first week in April.

I will be stopping in Costa Maya, Cozumel & Belize.

Anyone have any recommendations on Dive Shops in those ports for my certification dives? (Keep in mind I will only be in each port for 1 day, so I will need to do 2 dives in one port and the other 2 dives in another)

We're cruising and diving the same week. There are PADI dive shops in all those ports --I think you'll have to pick one and ask if they have a preference for the next two dives -- I think the dive shop world is pretty small, especially Cozumel/Costa Maya. I'm getting fast responses to all my inquiries (sorry - not diving in Costa Maya - booked a beach day instead)

What about the home port of the ship? If it's near Miami, you can get some very good shallow dives in Key Largo.

Costa Maya has only a few dive shops. We used Blue Ocean Safari and they were decent.

In Belize, depending on how long you have in port. We tendered into Belize city, and had an excursion where we flew (paddlehopper) to Ambergris Caye and dove from there. There're many dive shops on that island.

In Cozumel, it's a dive heaven, with 130+ dive shops. Lots to choose from, and lots of possibilities. It is good drift diving. Can go to Palancar Beach, and go diving with the shop there too, or arrange with many others.

All 3 ports have excellent diving.

Archived