Need Advice / Help!?!

Nani_B

Background: We booked our 1st ever cruise on the Carnival Conquest for 25 April, using the Early Saver program. Have paid off the cruise and the excursions (including insurance!). Very exciting!

Problem: The couple who are supposed to go with us (first timers also) have had a sudden business situation come up that will be happening that week. They can miss it but would prefer not to if at all possible. My friend wanted me to find out if it was feasible to change our trip to either the week before or the week after. Checking the prices online, I’m seeing a price increase of $80 to $300 more for those two other weeks(for the same cabin type I think) . Don’t know about the excursions…

Question: Now, unfortunately, I didn’t know any better and booked our cruise online w/o a TA or PVP. I don’t know what to do exactly or where to start? Has anyone ever needed to change their travel by a week or so this late and, if so, do you have any advice? Is it difficult? Are there any penalties doing this at this time? Any and all tips and comments would be greatly appreciated!!

I think with the early saver program, and this close to the cruise itself, your friends would end up paying for a cruise that they're not taking.

They need to be in contact with the cruiseline NOW to see if there is any way around this. Did you all by chance buy trip insurance?

Thank you so much for your help! I called Carnival today and they were indeed very helpful. Not sure if it’s because of booking with the early saver or what, but it would cost us a service fee of $50 pp plus any extra costs for the current price of the tickets. It’s not impossible for us, just difficult financially. I’m now just waiting for my friend to get back with me to see what she wants to do. I must admit, I’m surprised but very glad Carnival was so friendly and helpful, and the fee charged is really quite reasonable considering what it could be.

Still gonna hope that we won’t have to make that change though. We’re only 58 days from the trip and I don’t want to add to it! :o :D

Archived