WHERE do you keep your passport, etc while at the beach in the islands??

moopdog

I'm sure we need the passports to get back on the ship while in the Bahamas, right? So - where are people putting this SO important documents while at the beach? I can't imagine having them while walking around and touring the island? Any tips?

You do not need your passport to get on or off the ship in the Bahamas.

They make water proof document wallets that folks say work perfectly. They hang them around their necks and go swimming with them.

Taking your passport on shore is a personal choice, and there really is no answer that is always correct. However, let me say that SOME (but not all) cruiselines will retrieve your passport from your safe and leave it with an agent at the dock should you miss the ship. If you're worried about the chance of missing the ship, and watching your Passport sail away, then ask the purser ON THE SHIP if they do that. If so, I would leave it on the ship. If not, I might carry it off.

I'm sure we need the passports to get back on the ship while in the Bahamas, right? So - where are people putting this SO important documents while at the beach? I can't imagine having them while walking around and touring the island? Any tips?

Where do I keep my passport when off the ship? In the safe in my cabin. I do, however, take a copy with me . . . just in case of an emergency.

Archived