Purchasing alcohol in Barcelona to take on board

sunloverz

Hi! We are starting our cruise in Barcelona, and would like to buy some wine or other alcohol to take on board the ship with us. Is there anywhere we can purchase that? We will be overnighting in Barcelona before we embark, and are staying near Las Ramblas. Thanks in advance! :)

Hi! We are starting our cruise in Barcelona, and would like to buy some wine or other alcohol to take on board the ship with us. Is there anywhere we can purchase that? We will be overnighting in Barcelona before we embark, and are staying near Las Ramblas. Thanks in advance! :)

You can purchase it on any mini market

Wow, this is a thread I was about to start! We will be staying on La Rambla also and want a wine store to take 2 bottles on the cruise. We aren't far from the plaza de catalunya. Anything near there?

Thanks

Phil and Erica:)

When I boarded the Century in Oct. we had to walk through the duty free shop to get to the ship. They had wine but don't know about beer or the hard stuff. As they can confiscate the beer and hard stuff I was only interested in wine. The selection was not great but not all that bad either. As the limit is 2 bottles per stateroom I had DW board before me and take 2. I waited a few minutes and boarded with 2 also. I could have made more trips but 4 was plenty. Hope this helps and happy cruising

I asked RCCL, as we are on the Splendour 4/3 and they said no to bringing on bottles (just got off the NCL POA where you can pay $15).

If anyone hears differently, please let me know. It would be great to buy some Port in Barcelona to bring on board.

RCCL does not allow any alcohol to be brought on board, from what I've read in their information. I have read about the Rum Runner flasks here on CC that people use to "sneak" alcohol on board, so you could look into that if you were so inclined.

I asked RCCL, as we are on the Splendour 4/3 and they said no to bringing on bottles (just got off the NCL POA where you can pay $15).

If anyone hears differently, please let me know. It would be great to buy some Port in Barcelona to bring on board.

I have done 3 RCI cruises out of Barcelona in the last 18 months and no, you are not allowed to take any alcohol onboard.

Having said that, when we last cruised (September 2009) there were no further security checks/scans after the shop in the terminal. We didn't buy any but others did. They may have changed this now but the worst that can happen is that they take it off you until the last day of your cruise.

By the way, why are you so interested in buying Port in Barcelona? You will not get a massive selection (if any) as it is hardly every drunk here.

Cortes de Ingles right on the Plaza de Catalunya (another is nearby but does not have this lower floor) has the best wine and liquor selection. Go downstairs for groceries, liquor, wine, sundries. Then go to the very top for the dining room. In between, floors and floors. Don't see department stores like this in the U.S. anymore!

Nancy

Cortes de Ingles right on the Plaza de Catalunya (another is nearby but does not have this lower floor) has the best wine and liquor selection. Go downstairs for groceries, liquor, wine, sundries. Then go to the very top for the dining room. In between, floors and floors. Don't see department stores like this in the U.S. anymore!

Nancy

But not the cheapest place to buy wine. Also, OP is sailing on RCI and will not be able to take the bottles onboard.

Archived