An X/RCI cruiser on Princess for the first time

flagger

Routinely?? This is completely false information. There are far more positive comments about the CB that outweigh some of the negative ones. Besides, if you had such a poor experience, why take another cruise on her.:rolleyes:

Sigh..... :( Our cruises on the CB were two years apart, during which time she underwent her expansion. The first cruise was fine, the second was the poorest food and service EVER experienced on a ship. MANY passengers we spoke with then (and since) have commented on their displeasure with the CB. I do NOT post false information on Cruise Critic, I post first hand experience.

We where on Crown Princess over Thanksgiving 09. Food was bland and flavorless, got annoying fast. There was no sanitizing enforced at buffets and when you get on and off the ship. We made front desk aware of this as health issue and they brushed it off as "If you place hand sanitizers at ship entrance, then people don't wash their hands." We both though to ourselves, what the heck, people still arent going straight to their rooms to wash their hands Ship was ok, showing its age. We enjoyed HAL Eurodamn a lot more and will be cruising with X first time next month on Equinox.

With that said we probably won't cruse Princess again unless some things change for the better!

Good Luck!

Sounds like the training program that Princess has allowing travel agents to become certified with Princess, I laughed at a friend who is very proud she is a Princess Commodore travel agent, then I saw some of the training and I will honest it was pretty intense.

This maybe how they were achieve elite status with only taking that cruise.

Yes, after completing 70+ hours of online training a ta becomes a 'Commodore' which gives the ta and his/her agency owner elite status. The ta must take at least one refresher course a year to maintain the Commodore status. As a commodore, you get a free graduation cruise- this is for inside cabins only and for only select itineraries. Space is released it seems when Princess has a tough time filling a ship. Space was recently released on the Caribbean Princess for several dates and it was gone in several hours

Routinely?? This is completely false information. There are far more positive comments about the CB that outweigh some of the negative ones. Besides, if you had such a poor experience, why take another cruise on her.:rolleyes:

As far as getting seats in the Princess theatres, never had a problem showing up 15 minutes prior to showtime.

You are right, just recently on the Princess boards, there was a HAL cruiser who tried Princess for the first time and had Elite status.

We sailed Canada New England August 2009, and we only got a seat at the show once! We had late seating in the Palm, and everytime we would rush to get to the show. Each time us and many people had to either stand or sit on the Stairs that was the deal breaker for us, well one of them.

Like I said before we will sail Princess again but not the large ships Solstice was run better it was large then the CB and less passengers.

The Coral does appeal to us though

We usually sail Princess. We know the ins and outs of the buffets and how to go in the opposite direction of the herd. We did Crown and Sapphire in 2009. We took HAL Westerdam in October. It was not for us. Our last Celebrity was a while ago with 2 teenage girls. The family cabin with a real sliding door separating the sleeping areas was great. We had a back corner cabin with a 1/2 open and 1/2 covered 15 foot deck. That was great. Every line has areas that are better or worse. NCL had a chocolate night that was not even to be believed. My hair smelled of chocolate the NEXT morning. Oh happy day!

We like the return passenger perks for Princess but we aren't Elite YET!

Archived