Mobile Restaurants

cowetamom

We will be cruising out of Mobile in April and are staying at the

Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel. Can you give me some good suggestions on restaurants in that general area? Also, is there shopping nearby?

Thanks

Here are some good web sites with information for vistors about Mobile:

www.mobile.org

www.shipmobile.com

If you are driving or have access to transportation, you should try one of the seafood restaurants on the Battleship Causeway which is near downtown. Here are websites for the two that I would suggest:

www.felixsfishcamp.com - Felix's Fish Camp

www.originaloysterhouse.com - Original Oyster House

As for near your hotel, there are excellent restaurants in either the River View, Battle House or Admiral Semmes Hotels. Some can be pretty pricey.

Two others that I would suggest would be NOJA's (fine dining) or Wintzell's Oyster House (seafood). Both would be around a 10 to 12 block walk from the Riverview. Their web sites are:

www.nojamobile.com

www.wintzellsoysterhouse.com

As for shopping, it's pretty limited in Downtown Mobile.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Richard in Mobile

• 2 weeks later...
Here are some good web sites with information for vistors about Mobile:

www.mobile.org

www.shipmobile.com

If you are driving or have access to transportation, you should try one of the seafood restaurants on the Battleship Causeway which is near downtown. Here are websites for the two that I would suggest:

www.felixsfishcamp.com - Felix's Fish Camp

www.originaloysterhouse.com - Original Oyster House

As for near your hotel, there are excellent restaurants in either the River View, Battle House or Admiral Semmes Hotels. Some can be pretty pricey.

Two others that I would suggest would be NOJA's (fine dining) or Wintzell's Oyster House (seafood). Both would be around a 10 to 12 block walk from the Riverview. Their web sites are:

www.nojamobile.com

www.wintzellsoysterhouse.com

As for shopping, it's pretty limited in Downtown Mobile.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Richard in Mobile

Richard we're staying at the Battle House in August on a Friday night into Saturday. Any recommendations for bars/lounges in the area or should we stick to what the hotel offers? Thanks!

We ate supper at Joe Cain's at the Battle House. They have good sandwiches and pizza. We walked down from the Riverview Hotel. For breakfast we ate the buffet breakfast at the Harbour House in Riverview. We enjoyed both places. We didn't want to move our car once we checked in since we used the hotel parking deck.

Richard we're staying at the Battle House in August on a Friday night into Saturday. Any recommendations for bars/lounges in the area or should we stick to what the hotel offers? Thanks!

Not knowing what age bracket you all fit into, I would say stick with the hotel lounges at either the Battle House, Riverview Plaza or Admiral Semmes. Most of the clubs in the downtown area (Dauphin Street) seem to cater to the college crowd.

Nunu, We went to a bar across from the riverview once. Veet's. There was a nice group of us and we had a blast. Its not a high class night club but we had a ball none the less and the band did a good job.

http://www.veetsbarandgrill.com/

Archived