Beware of Beverage Packages

mjwandssw

Did you buy it from a bartender, guest services, or...?

Did they just put a sticker on your room card or did you have to get a new one?

(I'm pretty sure that I'll be buying the package, and am trying to gauge the "hassle" factor of waiting until aboard and checking brands/prices)

They were selling the packages at quite of few places around the ship when you board but I didn't buy the package until later on when we were sailing off so I had to go to the Passport bar where they just put a sticker on sea pass card. There was no hassle at all when I got mine and then some friends went down and got their's too and there wasn't a line at all, then again, this wasn't your typical cruise.

They were selling the packages at quite of few places around the ship when you board but I didn't buy the package until later on when we were sailing off so I had to go to the Passport bar where they just put a sticker on sea pass card. There was no hassle at all when I got mine and then some friends went down and got their's too and there wasn't a line at all, then again, this wasn't your typical cruise.

Thanks

I am deciding as to whether the Water package is worth it. How much does X charge for the bottles of Still or Sparkling water on board? I don't drink enough alcoholic beverages to make the other packages worth it but might dirink enough water...

The water they serve you is fine, it's even really good. It goes through a purifier. Not worth the package when it's free :p The Evian is $4

Thanks, Momma. I don't have a problem with the purified water but it's nice to have bottle when using the fitness facilities and even to take ashore. I'll have to do some calculations and see if it is worth it. I might just bring along a large mouth reuseable water bottle and refill it with the water served in the glasses.

Thanks, Momma. I don't have a problem with the purified water but it's nice to have bottle when using the fitness facilities and even to take ashore. I'll have to do some calculations and see if it is worth it. I might just bring along a large mouth reuseable water bottle and refill it with the water served in the glasses.

I brought a case of water on board that I bought at CVS and it lasted the whole cruise. I also bought bottle water on board, but the water in the cabin was great to take with you if you went ashore.

YOu can do what I did.. I bought one big bottle of Evian and just filled it up with their water. I'm a water snob, wont touch tap water. :eek:

But this is good, and your attendant brings you water whenever you need

Just off of Celebrity Solstice.

Purchase classic liquor package prior to cruise.

The relatively new policy, which most staff on the ship now knows, is that the liquor package includes any cocktail up to $8 in value.

On my cruise, I was able to purchase vodka&soda, sangria, mojitos no problem. I was surprised that I was also able to order glasses of wine up to $8 in value, bottles of water, pop, and frozen drinks on the package. Not sure if that is standard policy.

Almost all bartenders look for the LIQC printed on your sea pass card prior to ringing through the drink (or they look for the sticker). Only once the entire cruise did they miss it. All I had to do was remind them of it after and the charge was reversed, so no hassle. Just saw the reversed charge eventually on the sea pass account.

In general, the liquor package was good value for me, but I was on a Atlantis charter where there are 1-2 parties per day and heavy drinking. On a regular cruise, where you are getting off the ship during the day, and not partying all the time, there is no way I would buy this package.

Just off of Celebrity Solstice.

Purchase classic liquor package prior to cruise.

The relatively new policy, which most staff on the ship now knows, is that the liquor package includes any cocktail up to $8 in value.

On my cruise, I was able to purchase vodka&soda, sangria, mojitos no problem. I was surprised that I was also able to order glasses of wine up to $8 in value, bottles of water, pop, and frozen drinks on the package. Not sure if that is standard policy.

Almost all bartenders look for the LIQC printed on your sea pass card prior to ringing through the drink (or they look for the sticker). Only once the entire cruise did they miss it. All I had to do was remind them of it after and the charge was reversed, so no hassle. Just saw the reversed charge eventually on the sea pass account.

In general, the liquor package was good value for me, but I was on a Atlantis charter where there are 1-2 parties per day and heavy drinking. On a regular cruise, where you are getting off the ship during the day, and not partying all the time, there is no way I would buy this package.

I think I am interested in the classic liquor package for my Med cruise this June. What is the price per day? I saw the Preium Liquor price online but not the classic. Thanks :)

I love this concept, however, based on responses it seems to vary for each ship. Has anyone who sailed on the Equinox had this experience??

It seems the Equinox is still ironing out this booze card. when I looked into it, I was told it included the daily drink. once i got there it did not. Maybe it is really new staff and they don't know what to do. I don't think I will be taking the package, because the beer is cheaper on this line than any other line and the daily drinks were great! Only thing is the martini at $12.00 but man are they good! Brought home a souvenir glass.

Oh also, if you try to bring water, it MIGHT get confiscated. Ours did. It was actually liquor in a water bottle! Mine got through, DH didn't :eek:

Well how obvious was it that the water bottle was already opened? Did you break the seal and change out the liquid? or somehow get the seal and cap off.

Did your bags just arrive without the water bottles?

I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times but does anyone know the prices (or where to find them, i.e. Celebrity website, but don't think they are there) for average drinks. Like a glass of Pinot Grigio, beer, bloody mary, etc? Trying to do the math to see if any of the packages work for us.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Well how obvious was it that the water bottle was already opened? Did you break the seal and change out the liquid? or somehow get the seal and cap off.

Did your bags just arrive without the water bottles?

No, the lids were actually glued back so you couldn't tell. It was in a plastic bag in case it leaked too. The bottles were just gone. LOL, I can't complain, we got one in :D

I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times but does anyone know the prices (or where to find them, i.e. Celebrity website, but don't think they are there) for average drinks. Like a glass of Pinot Grigio, beer, bloody mary, etc? Trying to do the math to see if any of the packages work for us.

Thanks

I recently sailed Summit with the liquor package for me, beer package for him. As for specific prices for drinks...vodka $7/beer$4.50...it averages about 7 drinks per day to break even with these packages....not woth it for some, but Celebrity didn't make money on my packages

Archived