Help for Cabo and PV

dmah

I've read, re-read and read again all these boards and my head is spinning. Wondered if I could kindly get suggestions for our days in Cabo and PV in early April.

I would love one really fun activity day (not zipline, bummer but my son is over 250) and one super nice hotel/beach day with incredible pool area, swim up bar, massage the works!!

Please help me narrow it down!

P.S. Already booked the City Tour/Stone Island tour with Mazatlan Frank.

You could look into Dreams Puerto Vallarta. They charge $58 for a cruise day pass. It is on a nice little beach with a couple of pools and gets great reviews. We plan to do this from 10 am to 4 pm and then go to Metmorfis Day spa for massages before heading back to the ship.

For Cabo you could go on a whale watching on a really fast zodiac boat or snorkling tour. In PV I would recommend Krystal beach massage and then enjoy the evening with Rhythem of the Night excursion or stroll along the Malecon. If your son is below 275lbs, I would recommend zipping with another zip line company like Rio Cuale, I have a few weeks to try to make it down to 275lbs to enjoy zipping as well.

We are still trying to find something for PV but our last MR cruise we did the Land's End boat tour and it was pretty awesome. We booked it through the ship and it was pretty cheap. I think it was $29 through Carnival and I believe I have seen it on RCI for $26.

We are trying the Canopy tour in PV so I really don't have any suggestions there.

You could look into Dreams Puerto Vallarta. They charge $58 for a cruise day pass. It is on a nice little beach with a couple of pools and gets great reviews. We plan to do this from 10 am to 4 pm and then go to Metmorfis Day spa for massages before heading back to the ship.

Its also an all Inclusive. So all food, drinks, and non motarized activities are included. This is what we are planning on, but I'm also looking at Golden Crown Paradise. It is an adult only all inclusive.

In Cabo There is a great board walk around the marina, there is shopping, a little market near the Plaza mall. The also have restaurants all along. I've heard if you walk further there are beaches. Lands end is great, but don't pay too much, it isn't very far. Puerto Vallarta, we went whale watching. We had a really good marine bioligist guide. We saw around 8 whales, they weren't very active, but alot of mom's & baby whales. Otherwise, I think I would take a taxi to the mercado in old town or I heard there are some beautifull botanical gardens, very low prices to get a bus & get in. Have fun!:)

In Cabo we just got a glass bottom water taxi to take us down to see the arch, rock formations, sea lions and then off to Medano Beach. Got a table at The Office and ate great steak tacos, good drinks. We were able to stay the entire time and my kids played in the water, then we rented jet skis (left our stuff at the table) and took the kids out on them. It was a great day... I think my boys favorite port. You could see about parasailing as well if you wanted to try it!

For hotels I would go with Dreams south PV or just walk over from the pier to the Krystal Resort. Supposedly the Krystal has fantastic inexpensive massages. http://go2vallarta.com/milleniummassage/

In Cabo we just got a glass bottom water taxi to take us down to see the arch, rock formations, sea lions and then off to Medano Beach. Got a table at The Office and ate great steak tacos, good drinks. We were able to stay the entire time and my kids played in the water, then we rented jet skis (left our stuff at the table) and took the kids out on them. It was a great day... I think my boys favorite port. You could see about parasailing as well if you wanted to try it!

For hotels I would go with Dreams south PV or just walk over from the pier to the Krystal Resort. Supposedly the Krystal has fantastic inexpensive massages. http://go2vallarta.com/milleniummassage/

We're also going with kids... this sounds like a great day. Where did you find the glass bottom water taxi? How much? and how much for the jet skis? Thanks for the ideas!

We're also going with kids... this sounds like a great day. Where did you find the glass bottom water taxi? How much? and how much for the jet skis? Thanks for the ideas!

I don't know about the jet skis, but the water taxi trips to lands end are plentiful. When you walk off the pier, you will be bombarded with offers for the trip. They will ask 10 to 12 dollars, but will take you for around 7 dollars. The trip takes about 45 minutes to an hour, and if you make arrangements with the boat operator, he will take you to Medano. Also, you can arrange to get off at Lovers beach and have them come back to get you later. Lovers beach has no facilities.

how much for the jet skis?

seems about $60 to board one of these jet ski speedsters and zip around the cruise ships in Cabo's beautiful bay. Quite a show watching the caretakers slide up the beach in them at full speed. They no use no Burro to get them that far up Medano beach!

IMG_1096-1.jpg

Archived