Has anyone used this snorkeling set?

kct5

Has anyone used the U.S. Divers Starbuck Purge Mask, Paradise Dry Snorkel, Travel Trek Fins, Strap & Bag Package? I am thinking of getting a set for DH & myself for our upcoming cruise.

http://www.megasportshop.com/1-3375301-B001LXA2LW-US_Divers_Starbuck_Purge_Mask_Paradise_Dry_Snorkel_Travel_Trek_Fins_Strap_Bag_Package.html

US Diver makes an excellent entry level set for vacation snorkeling. You won't be disappointed with the quality or price. Since you can get them from a dozen different websites, make sure the company you buy from allows you to return the mask of it doesn't fit properly. US Diver has 4 sizes and a good fit is very important to your enjoyment of the mask. FYI US Diver has kids sets for as less than half this price if you have kids to buy for. No use spending more than you need to on something they will grow out of before it wears out.

ENJOY ALL THE LITTLE FISHIES >{(((;>

This one has a purge mask. My DH wants the purge mask.

None of my dive buddies have a purge mask. To me, that is more of a liability than as asset. IMO, a purge is not needed and a potential source of leaking.

Of course, that is just my opinion and if DH has to have a purge mask, get him one.

None of my dive buddies have a purge mask. To me, that is more of a liability than as asset. IMO, a purge is not needed and a potential source of leaking.

Of course, that is just my opinion and if DH has to have a purge mask, get him one.

The first time I heard of a purge mask, I thought that was a pretty good idea. Then I asked around, especially on scubaboard. Just about every experienced diver said not to get one. It is one more possibility for leaks, especially after using it for a few times. Even though this is for snorkeling, the same reasoning applies.

Also agree that $89 sounds steep. For snorkeling, the set I got from Costco for my wife was pretty good, with dry snorkel. We've used it for a few years, no problem.

Archived