Dream 02/13-2/20

Go Big Red

Ok lets start with the flights from hell. It took us 24 hours to get from Omaha to Port Canveral. Flight into Dallas gets cancelled. On hold with American for 45 minutes only to be told there are no other flights Friday OR Saturday. Travel agent goes into overtime mode. Finds us a flight into Chicago with a connection on USA 3000 airlines?? Never heard of it? Me neither!! Flight is supposed to leave at 3:40 but doesn't leave till almost 9pm. That gets us into Fort Meyers beach by midnight. That's right! The closest we could get to Orlando was Ft. Meyers beach. So rent a car and start driving. Arrive at the Raddison at 4:30 am. It's 245 miles! Sleep till 9:30 and up for breakfast. Raddison is nice, breakfast was quick. Drop off the rental car and take their free shuttle to the boat around 1:00.

Probably took 25 minutes to get from the shuttle onto the boat. Very easy. Very well organized. Headed for our room and it was ready. Dropped off our carry on's and went for an explore.

Dream is a very nice ship. Very similar to the other 6 Carnival ships we have been on. Mini golf was a nice feature. Kids did the waterslides one day, had fun. Room was of standard size and features. Had a 8a balcony,

6449. We did hear noise from the Piano bar/Disco but usually we were in them!! If you are a light sleeper or go to bed early, might want to move up a floor. Never bothered us. But we say the north side of 2:00 am 5 nights in a row!!

Food was as good as any ship we have been on. Plenty to go around. Lines were longer right at noon, but never crazy long. Pasta bar is an undiscovered treasure. Many people didn't know about it. Also the BBQ on the Lania deck 5 was awesome. Asked a waiter the first day where it was and we were told there is no food on 5. Trust me it is there! Did the brunch once. Food was good. They were crazy busy, so service was a little slow.

We had our time dining with 9 people. Never more than a 15 minute wait. They give you a beeper so you can go anywhere on the ship. The atreum always had music, so we usually just sat there. Had the same table and watress, Bianca, most nights. Dinner usually took us 2 1/2 hours. Never felt rushed. Lots of conversation and laughter. Also did the supper club with my wife one night. Quiet, nice, very good food, do the NY strip it was fantastic.

We did see the Country show and the Dancing in the Street show. Country was ok, Dancing was really cool. Saw 2 comedy shows, both very good. Piano bar was fun, but definately adult. They had a great southern rock band that played lots of old favorites in the middle bar. Overall there was a very good mix of live music and somebody playing all the time. It was very easy to stay up late and enjoy!

Nassau is a waste as far as I am concerend. They should not stop the first day of a cruise. We barely were out of bed and it was time to get back on the ship. We did get off and walk for about 45 minutes, but thats all we had time for. Leaving at 2 in the afternoon is just to early. If you book an excusion, be ready to get up really early! St Thomas was great. My son, dad, and I did the Boss underwater excursion. They gave you time to snorkel which was the best part. The little subs were fun to drive but you only got to do it for about 15 minutes. St Maarten was our favorite. Take the water taxi ($6 roundtrip) to the middle pier. Drops you off in a shopping/beach area. For $ 20 you get 2 chairs, an umbrella, and 5 beers!

Buckets of beer after that were $ 10 for 5!! Had a great lunch at the Blue Bitch bar. The ribs were the best I have ever had! Everything was very affordable. My son and I rented a Jetski. $ 55 for 1/2 hour, which is plenty of time. The ocean is rough and we got tired! Got lots of salt water in my mouth cause I was laughing the whole time!

So to sum it up:

Food-good

Service-good

Music-great

Smell-none

Lines-easy

Noise-some, but never an issue

Travel-sucked

Bahamas-too early

Booze prices-too high

Ok lets start with the flights from hell. It took us 24 hours to get from Omaha to Port Canveral. Flight into Dallas gets cancelled. On hold with American for 45 minutes only to be told there are no other flights Friday OR Saturday. Travel agent goes into overtime mode. Finds us a flight into Chicago with a connection on USA 3000 airlines?? Never heard of it? Me neither!! Flight is supposed to leave at 3:40 but doesn't leave till almost 9pm. That gets us into Fort Meyers beach by midnight. That's right! The closest we could get to Orlando was Ft. Meyers beach. So rent a car and start driving. Arrive at the Raddison at 4:30 am. It's 245 miles! Sleep till 9:30 and up for breakfast. Raddison is nice, breakfast was quick. Drop off the rental car and take their free shuttle to the boat around 1:00.

Probably took 25 minutes to get from the shuttle onto the boat. Very easy. Very well organized. Headed for our room and it was ready. Dropped off our carry on's and went for an explore.

Dream is a very nice ship. Very similar to the other 6 Carnival ships we have been on. Mini golf was a nice feature. Kids did the waterslides one day, had fun. Room was of standard size and features. Had a 8a balcony,

6449. We did hear noise from the Piano bar/Disco but usually we were in them!! If you are a light sleeper or go to bed early, might want to move up a floor. Never bothered us. But we say the north side of 2:00 am 5 nights in a row!!

Food was as good as any ship we have been on. Plenty to go around. Lines were longer right at noon, but never crazy long. Pasta bar is an undiscovered treasure. Many people didn't know about it. Also the BBQ on the Lania deck 5 was awesome. Asked a waiter the first day where it was and we were told there is no food on 5. Trust me it is there! Did the brunch once. Food was good. They were crazy busy, so service was a little slow.

We had our time dining with 9 people. Never more than a 15 minute wait. They give you a beeper so you can go anywhere on the ship. The atreum always had music, so we usually just sat there. Had the same table and watress, Bianca, most nights. Dinner usually took us 2 1/2 hours. Never felt rushed. Lots of conversation and laughter. Also did the supper club with my wife one night. Quiet, nice, very good food, do the NY strip it was fantastic.

We did see the Country show and the Dancing in the Street show. Country was ok, Dancing was really cool. Saw 2 comedy shows, both very good. Piano bar was fun, but definately adult. They had a great southern rock band that played lots of old favorites in the middle bar. Overall there was a very good mix of live music and somebody playing all the time. It was very easy to stay up late and enjoy!

Nassau is a waste as far as I am concerend. They should not stop the first day of a cruise. We barely were out of bed and it was time to get back on the ship. We did get off and walk for about 45 minutes, but thats all we had time for. Leaving at 2 in the afternoon is just to early. If you book an excusion, be ready to get up really early! St Thomas was great. My son, dad, and I did the Boss underwater excursion. They gave you time to snorkel which was the best part. The little subs were fun to drive but you only got to do it for about 15 minutes. St Maarten was our favorite. Take the water taxi ($6 roundtrip) to the middle pier. Drops you off in a shopping/beach area. For $ 20 you get 2 chairs, an umbrella, and 5 beers!

Buckets of beer after that were $ 10 for 5!! Had a great lunch at the Blue Bitch bar. The ribs were the best I have ever had! Everything was very affordable. My son and I rented a Jetski. $ 55 for 1/2 hour, which is plenty of time. The ocean is rough and we got tired! Got lots of salt water in my mouth cause I was laughing the whole time!

So to sum it up:

Food-good

Service-good

Music-great

Smell-none

Lines-easy

Travel-sucked

Bahamas-too early

Booze prices-too high

Glad to hear you got there and had a nice time!!

So to sum it up:

Food-good

Service-good

Music-great

Smell-none

Lines-easy

Travel-sucked

Bahamas-too early

Booze prices-too high

sounds like a good time overall...glad you enjoyed your cruise...for me I think all that flying would make me a tad bit nervous, but I live in Florida so I can always drive to the ports. :):)

Archived