Chichen Itza and Carnival

fishstix

We will be traveling with 4 people in our group. We are wanting to do the chichen itza mayan tour. Last year, 2 of us did the DZ tour through Autoprogreso. We did this tour after we did the market and was looking for something else to do. This time the other couple wants to do the chichen itza tour. We want to know the difference between booking through Autoprogreso and Carnival? Since we are getting into port very early does Carnival let the people going on this excursion off the boat before anyone else? How long do you get to walk around the ruins with each tour? Can you still book this excursion through autoprogeso when we arrive in Progreso? Does anyone know the price of this excursion through autoprogreso?

Biggest difference and maybe the only difference is the price. Booking directly thru Autoprogreso is about half the price of the cruise line. If you book thru the cruise line you will actually be on a Autoprogreso bus sharing the ride with people that paid half as much. You can contact Autoprogreso direct to reserve a spot or you can book when you arrive in Progreso. It is very long day but worth it to see Chichen Itza. My first trip there was my one and only cruise ship tour. That was my first trip to the Yucatan and before I found out how easy it is to get around on my own. The local transportation network is excellent, dependable and very inexpensive to go just about anywhere.

Thanks for the information. Can you give me the price you paid when you went? We know it will be a long day going to these ruins.

Carnival is currently $70 for the tour to Chichen Itza. You will have to contact Autoprogreso directly to find their current price. They do not list all their tours on the web site. It will be much cheaper than Carnival.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it´s only $49 dlls. Actually you can book an excursion at the pier or through the email address autoprogresotours@hotmail.com . I´m planning to visit Progreso in July and this time I´d like to do the Flamingos.

If you plan to visit the ruins, take with you bottled water, sun block and don´t forget your hat!!! Last time I saw a girl wearing heels and no hat and I felt sorry for her :(

Archived