Buying wine in Miami on Sundays?

sj cruiser

Interesting question. From Wikipedia:

State law prohibits selling of alcohol between 3 a.m. and 7 a.m., unless the county chooses to change the operating hours later; such as for Sunday morning; Ormond Beach stays open until 7pm on Sundays. Miami-Dade County liquor stores may operate 24 hours a day.

Supermarkets and other licensed business establishments may sell beer, low-alcohol liquors, and wine. Liquor must be sold in dedicated liquor stores which may be in a separate part of a grocery or a drug store. Beer must be sold in quantities of 32ounces or less or greater than 1gallon. 40 and 64 ounce beverages are illegal.

Betsy

OK, sj cruiser, you sent me on a web search. We're overnighting in Fort Lauderdale prior to sailing out of Miami in April, and I was planning to shop at Total Wine or Publix for champagne. Sorry to report we may be out of luck :-( Publix (if they have a liquor department--some locations do, others don't) and Total Wine start selling liquor at noon on Sundays. We plan to arrive at the port by 11:00 am for our late afternoon departure. You may be able to make a last-minute strike if you can wait until noon to shop. Maybe someone has further information.

BTW, I'm in Silicon Valley also.

Betsy

OK, sj cruiser, you sent me on a web search. We're overnighting in Fort Lauderdale prior to sailing out of Miami in April, and I was planning to shop at Total Wine or Publix for champagne. Sorry to report we may be out of luck :-( Publix (if they have a liquor department--some locations do, others don't) and Total Wine start selling liquor at noon on Sundays. We plan to arrive at the port by 11:00 am for our late afternoon departure. You may be able to make a last-minute strike if you can wait until noon to shop. Maybe someone has further information.

BTW, I'm in Silicon Valley also.

Betsy

Why not get it on Saturday?

• 3 weeks later...
Can you buy wine in Miami on Sundays? Is it available in grocery stores?

We bought wine in a Publix last month in the early morning, but the store was in Doral, FL.

I would suggest that you make it easy on yourself and call the store you are interested in.

Archived