Embassy Suites vs. Hampton Inn

Noneeds4me

We are looking for opinions to help us decide between staying at the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale, or the Hampton Inn, near Hollywood Airport (FLL). We've stayed at Embassy before, but Hampton is offering much lower rates. Which would you choose?

It depends on what you want. Both Embassy and Hampton are part of the Hilton Family.

Embassy specializes in suites-only and offers extensive amentities such as a free full breakfast. I have enjoyed every Embassy location I have ever visited. ( I am a HHonors member and usually stay at Hilton properties when I travel)

Hampton generally offers a comfortable room at a good rate. They have very comfortable beds and a free breakfast (more extensive than continental). Some Hamptons have just the basics while others (often the newer one) are quite nice, with extended amenities and some suites.

When I am looking for a comfortable room for the night, I recommend Hampton. However, I choose the Embassy for its extended amenities if it is just a bit more. The HHonors site shows the Hampton location you are referring to to be quite nice, with some suites and many amenities including free internet. They seem to be much cheaper than the Embassy location you mention. I think I would choose them, especially for a short stay.

It depends on what you want. Both Embassy and Hampton are part of the Hilton Family.

Embassy specializes in suites-only and offers extensive amentities such as a free full breakfast. I have enjoyed every Embassy location I have ever visited. ( I am a HHonors member and usually stay at Hilton properties when I travel)

Hampton generally offers a comfortable room at a good rate. They have very comfortable beds and a free breakfast (more extensive than continental). Some Hamptons have just the basics while others (often the newer one) are quite nice, with extended amenities and some suites.

When I am looking for a comfortable room for the night, I recommend Hampton. However, I choose the Embassy for its extended amenities if it is just a bit more. The HHonors site shows the Hampton location you are referring to to be quite nice, with some suites and many amenities including free internet. They seem to be much cheaper than the Embassy location you mention. I think I would choose them, especially for a short stay.

My thoughts exactly. You can order pancakes, eggs etc. and they cook them right there for you. No sitting in the steam trays, etc.:)

There is also a nightly cocktail party for guests around 5pm.:cool:

Thanks everyone for all your help. We ended up re-contacting Embassy, and they referred us to Homeward Suites where we found we could get a great price for 9 people in a two bedroom/two bathroom suite ;-), hot breakfast, and free airport shuttle service. It looks every bit as nice as Embassy, but isn't on 17th Street ;-(.. Oh well, all will be forgiven once we're onboard!

I used to manage Hilton's and I would chose a ES over a Hampton any time I could. I still stay with the brand when I travel ( I will be at the DoubleTree Biscayne Bay in Miami for my cruise in Sept) . I also like the Homewood Suites (like ES) but for longer stays. I have not EVER had a bad experience with a ES.

Archived