Chankanaab for 3 Year Old? Or Something Else?

Becca76

Would a 3 1/2 year old have fun here? It looks like he wouldn't be able to do any manatee or dolphin stuff except for the Dolphin encounter. Would there be a better beach for him? Something other than a beach to do at Cozumel? His mom and I have never been to Cozumel so everything is new for us. Any suggestions would be great!

TIA

I think that Chankanaab is a great choice for a 3 year old. We have been several times with our children. There is something for all ages at Chankanaab.

For children:

*a nice playset

*lagooon-like area with a small beach that is great for kids (we brought a small bucket of sand toys and a small net, and my kids played for hours. Also bring water shoes because it can be a bit rocky)

*trails to walk along if they are active

*beautiful lagoon (not the same one I mentioned above that you can swim in) to look at and find fish (it is so clear and blue!)

*lady making tortilla in a replica Mayan house along trail

*iguanas to look out for (they are everywhere throughout the park)

For adults:

*beautiful setting

*snorkeling from the beach

*nice open air restaurant with very good food right on the beach (quick service, friendly)

*hammocks

*chairs and shade on both beach areas

Another great thing that we love - the close distance from the ship. It is no more than a 10 minute ride from any dock. Taxis are everywhere when ou exit the ship pier.

I can't remember exactly what we paid but it wasn't unreasonable. I would say about $18 one way for six because you will need a van. In Cozumel, the "taxi system" is well run and regardless of which taxi you actually get into, they all cost the about the same. They are lined up ready to go and as people come off of the ships, there are people directing you toward them or you can just ask.

I can't remember exactly what we paid but it wasn't unreasonable. I would say about $18 one way for six because you will need a van. In Cozumel, the "taxi system" is well run and regardless of which taxi you actually get into, they all cost the about the same. They are lined up ready to go and as people come off of the ships, there are people directing you toward them or you can just ask.

Thanks for the heads up.

We just got back from the Valor and it was our kids first time in Cozumel after years of hearing us talk about it. We did Chankanaab, they loved it. A little older than your child, 7 and 13, but there was plenty to do for them and us. We all dove/snorkled, then roamed the island the rest of the day. have a great time!

I just booked me, my hubby and my soon to be 4-year-old a Dolphin Encounter at Chankanaab for our cruise in April. She is very excited, and I know she will love the beach, pool, and playground.

Not sure if you are going before or after me, but I can report back with all the details. :)

Archived