Requesting Egg Crate Without Room #

earnied

We have a guaranteed booking and have not yet received our room # (15 days out). Is it possible to order an egg crate for our bed without a room # and how far in advance must these be ordered ? I do realize that I can request one from Stewart after we board but would like to take care of it in advance if possible.

earnied

Hangers and egg crates are always available. Just ask your room steward.:)

The best words I feel to describe this is that they are 'usually' available. There have been many reports that have come back where cruise critic members waited until they got onboard only to find out from their room stewards that the egg crates are all given out already and there are none left. That is why many like to request them ahead of time. ;)

As an Englishman, I am interested in knowing what an egg crate is in this context? Forgive me for sounding stupid all you Americans....

By the way, I suppose you've guessed, but yes, I'm a first-time cruiser, on the Ruby on March 10th, can't wait!

Keep in mind that a mattress pad is just that, a PAD. 1/4in thick? Where as an egg crate is more. Sometimes not much but it is made of foam. It resembles an egg box/carton in the stores, hence the name egg crate.

Yes, they do run out.

Is there a way to request an egg crate via the Cruise Personalizer?

No, sorry, no way to request this on the personalizer. You have to fax in your request (or have your travel agent fax it for you). Then there is only a 50/50 chance that it will be on the bed when you arrive. Sometimes the cruise line delivers the requests to the room stewards, but sometimes they don't seem to make it to the ship.

Chances are good that the egg crate won't be there even if you fax. Also, the beds

seem to be in the same configuration as the last pax left them. If you don't get

your stateroom number, call the number for housekeeping and request the egg crate

as soon as you get in. There is a book on the desk with ship info like phone numbers,

hours for meals, etc. The phone may actually have buttons for the different services,

like housekeeping, room service, etc. Look at that, first. My brain doesn't hold as much

as it used to, so I can't remember.

Enjoy your cruise, and many happy returns!

Mimi

I faxed a request into Princess months ago.I only use my booking number!Sure enough, egg crate mattress appeared in Special Requests section of Cruise Personalizer just 14 days prior to cruise.

You always have the option of asking "Stateroom Steward" when you embark.

We are first time cruisers on Princess. Are the beds uncomfortable? I have seen several post regarding egg cartons and I'm starting to get a little concerned.

They are not egg cartons.....it is "egg crate foam".This additional pad can provide extra softnesss for those who require it.I found the beds to be quite comfotable.

Archived