Ft. Lauderdale-Water Taxi info

CruiserDoc

We will be staying at the Airport Hilton FLL for 2 days pre-cruise. We would like to spend one day touring by water taxi. We will have a rental car. Is there a place we can drive to & park for free that is close to a water taxi stop? If we have to walk a bit to catch the water taxi, that's not a problem.

Thanks!

Cruiserdoc,

I would recommend picking the taxi up at one of the downtown Ft. Lauderdale stops, that way you will get to go down the New River and enter the intracoastal from there, in my opinion, the best part of the trip is from Downtown Ft. Lauderdale to the beach... would recommend stopping at the beach, and visiting beach place for a drink or two, and/or lunch.

I am racking my brain, and I can not think of any place you can park for free at the beach or downtown (at least no legally), however, parking in downtown will be cheaper than the beach, and if you go during the day (prior to 6pm), it will be at it's cheapest... There are lots of parking garages around the Broward County Performing Arts Center, and there is a Water Taxi stop just down the street... (one or two blocks east).

I would recommend going to that area, and pick a lot to park in, you should be able to park for the day for no more than $10. I may be going downtown this weekend, if I do, I'll see if I can get specific prices for you, I usually go for a few hours, so I generally park in a metered spot on the road. But I've never thought parking was outrages there, very reasonable.

I suppose you could park for free at the Galleria Mall and walk over to Gallery One hotel to get the water taxi. You could get a drink or snack in the food court at the mall if you feel awkward about parking there and then leaving. There are several restaurants and a bar at the mall, so you could leave your car there until 11 or 12 without it standing alone.

Archived