Printing Boarding Passes for Return

cruisemama69

How does the Luggage Express work? What do you have to do to set this up? New at this so I apologize if its' a dumb question!

You sign up for Luggage Express on the ship. You will get info about it in your cabin a couple days into the cruise, or you can go to the Purser's desk before that to sign up.

It costs $20 per person (on your S&S card) with a limit of 2 bags per person. You fill out a form with your flight info and you will get your boarding passes and luggage tags in your cabin the day before embarkation.

Put the bags out in the hall before midnight, just like always. Your bags will be delivered directly to the airport and be checked onto your flight. You can go straight to security. Airline baggage fees will still apply, and those also go on your S&S card.

You must have a flight after a certain time. On the Spirit a couple of weeks ago, it was after 11:30 AM.

Not every airline participates. In San Diego, for the Spirit it was: Alaska, Air Tran, American, Continental, Delta, Jet Blue, Northwest, United and U.S. Airways.

It's a nice service, especially if you have a late flight. Then you don't have to figure out what to do with your bags if you want to go do something before going to the airport.

Southwest does do Luggage Express. We did it on the Carnival Dream at the beginning of the month. Guest Services gave us luggage tags and printed out boarding passes the night before. We got group B boarding and we never saw our luggage til we got back to the RI airport. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Oh, that's good to know. I knew that Southwest has their own baggage service for FLL airport, called Bags to Go, but I didn't know they were now participating with the ship's service as well. I hope they expand to more ports. They weren't one of the airlines on my Spirit cruise out of San Diego a couple of weeks ago.

Oh, that's good to know. I knew that Southwest has their own baggage service for FLL airport, called Bags to Go, but I didn't know they were now participating with the ship's service as well. I hope they expand to more ports. They weren't one of the airlines on my Spirit cruise out of San Diego a couple of weeks ago.

:cool:I'm on Elation in a couple weeks, I am flying SW!! So I may be out of luck!!:(

:cool:I'm on Elation in a couple weeks, I am flying SW!! So I may be out of luck!!:(

Where does Elation sail out of? According to the previous poster, SWA participates at least in the port the Dream sails out of. I don't know where the Dream sails out of...maybe if you're lucky Elation will have Luggage Express for SWA also. :)

Archived