So...John's Message today was

Ippalee

"Book Now" or by March 22nd? Thats what I got out of his blog today

http://johnhealdsblog.com/

Rates are Increasing as of March 22nd and if I read right its because the number of bookings is UP???

:confused:

Funny...cause what I've read on CCL's website is they ALWAYS sail full....things that make you go hmmmmm

Rates are Increasing as of March 22nd and if I read right its because the number of bookings is UP???

I got an email this morning telling me that....Carnival beat him to the punch with the news. :rolleyes:

That was my take. Just a reminder that the law of supply and demand is alive and well. :rolleyes:

Funny...cause what I've read on CCL's website is they ALWAYS sail full....things that make you go hmmmmm

Well they usually run specials to get it to that point. I think what they're saying is that they are no longer going to have to run those specials to fill their ships last minute. They are booking full way ahead of sail-away date.

It's simple supply and demand. They are optimizing their revenue by finding the cost that is low enough to fill the ship with passengers but high enough that they can make the most amount of money.

Carnival is just working like a business should. Unfortunately, that means the customers have to suffer a little bit.

I think it stinks, I love Carnival, but the economy isn't that great just yet...so why not wait and keep everyone happy with the nice sales they have been having...oh well.

The market sets the price, not Carnival.

If they can increase prices across the board and still fill their ships, it would be foolish on their part not to do so. If they increase prices and cant fill ships, the prices will have to go down.

Companies dont have sales to make consumers happy, they do it to move their product.

I took it as they are going to eliminate the early saver option too.

It already has been removed for the 7 day sailings for june an july.......and I believe August at the end of this month........so now their next option is to push their sales tactics and this will do it because people who have been waiting to book will panic..........

If they can increase prices across the board and still fill their ships, it would be foolish on their part not to do so. If they increase prices and cant fill ships, the prices will have to go down.

Companies dont have sales to make consumers happy, they do it to move their product.

true...but Carnival can affect the market by causing a sense of urgency. :p

Exactly.

I think it stinks, I love Carnival, but the economy isn't that great just yet...so why not wait and keep everyone happy with the nice sales they have been having?

Why not? Because due to increased demand they figure (probably correctly) they can make more money by charging more. And when it comes right down to it, that is the purpose of Carnival Corporation, to make money. Keeping people happy only comes into play as a means to the ultimate end of making money. They are still likely to be cheaper than many of their competitors, so it hard to argue they are clearly charging too much.

Odd that they'd announce it ahead of time though. That will presumably increase bookings up until March 22, but increase them at the less profitable, lower cost. I suspect that's where the keeping people happy comes in. There will probably be less of an outcry over rate increases among Carnival loyalists since they at least gave us fair warning. (Or is that "fare warning?":)) The non-loyalists probably won't even know the rates went up.

Archived