So...John's Message today was

Ippalee

Odd that they'd announce it ahead of time though. That will presumably increase bookings up until March 22, but increase them at the less profitable, lower cost.

Actually the reason they are doing it now is because people will panic and purchase which then will bring the inventory down which will bring the price up;) This isn't anything new.......

Actually the reason they are doing it now is because people will panic and purchase which then will bring the inventory down which will bring the price up;) This isn't anything new.......

well if they sell out the inventory, then they don't have to raise the rates, and then can use that to crow about....LOL

It's a win win for them. :D

Their marketing department deserves a bonus.

well if they sell out the inventory, then they don't have to raise the rates, and then can use that to crow about....LOL

It's a win win for them. :D

Their marketing department deserves a bonus.

And if people didn't panic and buy now.....before the sky falls........they wouldn't be able to raise their prices......

Yes their marketing department is smarter then the average cruiser:p:D

Edited to say I just found out my price went down for May.......so they are not selling as good a they want you to think......

And if people didn't panic and buy now.....before the sky falls........they wouldn't be able to raise their prices......

Yes their marketing department is smarter then the average cruiser:p:D

Edited to say I just found out my price went down for May.......so they are not selling as good a they want you to think......

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

:p

Just got the email. I'm not so sure I like this marketing tactic. :mad:

Hopefully, it's just for the summer and rates will go back down in September.

so far rates are still down significantly for september. we almost always cruise after august and before may and have found the rates to be much cheaper in spetember.

so far rates are still down significantly for september. we almost always cruise after august and before may and have found the rates to be much cheaper in spetember.

they said just the summer months.

rate_increase_header2.gifIf you're thinking about cruising in June, July or August, now is the time to book and save. Due to record reservation activity, effective March 22nd, Carnival Cruise Lines will increase pricing on all summer 2010 sailings.

For more details, click here.

I took it as they are going to eliminate the early saver option too.

It already has been removed for the 7 day sailings for june an july.......and I believe August at the end of this month........so now their next option is to push their sales tactics and this will do it because people who have been waiting to book will panic..........

There's nothing in Carnival's information to indicate that the Early Saver rate is being discontinued.

For 7+ night cruises, Early Saver fares disappear at 5 months before the sail date.

Early Saver is still available for summer cruises that are more than 5 months away -- for example, I just looked at the booking page for the CARNIVAL LEGEND on July 25, 2010. ES is still available.

As of tomorrow, February 25, that rate will probably vanish. This is standard procedure for Carnival. At 5 months, ES disappears.

There's nothing in Carnival's information to indicate that the Early Saver rate is being discontinued.

For 7+ night cruises, Early Saver fares disappear at 5 months before the sail date.

Early Saver is still available for summer cruises that are more than 5 months away -- for example, I just looked at the booking page for the CARNIVAL LEGEND on July 25, 2010. ES is still available.

As of tomorrow, February 25, that rate will probably vanish. This is standard procedure for Carnival. At 5 months, ES disappears.

Ok......nothing in my post indicated that I even said that the ES is being discontinued for this sale......

I was off by one month I thought the ES stopped after 6 months........but it doesn't matter because this sale does not start until March 22.......therefore the ES rates will all drop for june july and august at that time;)

I think it stinks, I love Carnival, but the economy isn't that great just yet...so why not wait and keep everyone happy with the nice sales they have been having...oh well.

Demand will determine the price. If they can fill the ships in spite of the increase, the price will stay or increase further. If they can't, then they'll simply run more sales and specials to sell the cabins.

WE determine the market price here--and in most areas actually.

Frankly, I will still look for lowest prices that fall within my mental and physical budget. I have a set amount representing the most I'll pay for a solo cruiser with a balcony. I won't go over it...period....I'll just wait the market out.

I've been watching rates on a particular trip in September and on Monday the 4A cat disappeared and the other rates all went up $20pp. I meant to call and book on that day but forgot, but remembered when I got my Carnival email today. While talking to my PVP she asked me if I had gotten the email, I said yes but I had already planned on booking this trip, and it was outside of the months listed anyway. She said well, they're just starting the increases on the summer ones now, but the fall ones will have a rate increase also.

I agree that this is a BRILLIANT advertising strategy. It becomes a "self-fulfilling prophecy" - supply vs. demand. Actually, if everybody starts booking today, they could raise the rates before March 22 because of "demand". I say congrats to all the CCL shareholders!

Got my email from Carnival this morning. So funny that they beat John out.

If Carnival raises their prices there are other cruise lines out there. Telling me you are raising your prices to get me to book in a hurry does not work. Just makes me look else where. We are loyal to Carnival but am not afarid to try another line.

Archived