If you dont ask you dont get my rejection letter !!

littlearthur

Dear Mr G Ball,

Thank you for your recent email and your interest in Azura.

As I am sure you will appreciate Azura has generated a great deal and interest, and whilst we would sincerely like to, it is just not possible to invite everyone to see the ship during this inaugural period. We have therefore taken the decision to prioritise invites to our most travelled passengers.

As a result, whilst I have checked our records and seen that you have travelled many times with P&O Cruises over the years, I regret that we are not able to extend an invite to you on this occasion. I am truly sorry for any disappointment this may bring, but do hope you will appreciate our reasoning.

Thank you once again for your interest in Azura and your support of P&O Cruises.

Yours sincerely,

Azura Events Team

P&O Cruises

We've done 22 cruises with P&O and in the excess of 300 days on board and haven't had an invite but I'm sure there are lots of people done far more than us and they probably haven't either, that's just the way it goes, I would imagine it was random selection.

I think the selection process was very fair with regard to the "Lucky 10" each and every one of them deserve their place.

I'm sorry but all "most posts on the forum" says to me is that they are lucky enough to have the time to post them!!

surely being regular, loyal customers is worth a bit more? Oh well suppose you've got to be in in to win it!! Better get straight onto the P&O Community site!

I'm sorry but all "most posts on the forum" says to me is that they are lucky enough to have the time to post them!!

surely being regular, loyal customers is worth a bit more? Oh well suppose you've got to be in in to win it!! Better get straight onto the P&O Community site!

C at Sea,

Thats a bit like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted, especially as that site has now closed, and this was P&O's thank you to those members, who they thought had been loyal to the site.

They do now have a new site, you can try your luck with

Alicia A,

I totally agree with you.

I was one of the lucky few to be invited from the pando cruise site, by default as I was 'only number 12' and two people declined the invite....due to being on cruises!

Most of my posts are not idle chitter chatter or quiz answers to bump up my total posts, they are answers to newbie questions on cruises -so I'work' hard for the site trying to help people with questions and providing photos. I am also a keen cruiser, having booked 9 assorted cruises in four years. I was ofcourse totally unaware whilst doing this that the HO team were going to reward the top posters with a invite so it came as a lovely surprise. Only 1,200 people from all around the Country are invited us 10 + partners will representing the internet site. Others will be people from the travel industry, people who helped build the ship, work for PandO and VIP's + yes, some experienced cruisers. A nice mix I hope.

How else can they decide who goes?, there are 1000's of goldies, they can't all go. Many goldies are invited on Azura for ships tours with lunch as well in the days before and after.

If it were me making the decisions in P&O I would not have chosen the method they have (top 10 posters).

But that is because they have just shut that forum down (or put it into read only at least)!

I would always be looking for an angle where I coud make money or at least get free advertising.

Now that there is a new forum that is hardly used in comparison to the old one, I cannot see the point.

Please don't confuse my view with sour grapes as I am very pleased for the people going and most are friends (virtual or real) of mine and I hope they have a fantastic time.

At the end of the day, it is P&Os decision just as it was their decision to come up with that trash they now call their new forum.

Cheers

Gerry

Gerry

Well it won't happen again, as the new forum doesn't have a post count against the member like this site and most others.

I think its nice for a few non-goldies to be invited, and why not? We 'maybe' the goldies of the future, keep us happy too....as I previously said many, many goldies have been invited anyway to see Azura free before she sails plus get a free lunch, and no doubt hundreds are also invited to the naming ceremony. Can't see what else they could of done....a token few ruby/sapphire invites is quite fair in my view, and even a few of the top 10 maybe goldies anyway.

I would always be looking for an angle where I coud make money or at least get free advertising.

Cheers

Gerry

I expect there are many many invites out of the 1,200 which were delivered for free advertising/etc.....

Gerry

Well it won't happen again, as the new forum doesn't have a post count against the member like this site and most others.

I think its nice for a few non-goldies to be invited, and why not? We 'maybe' the goldies of the future, keep us happy too....as I previously said many, many goldies have been invited anyway to see Azura free before she sails plus get a free lunch, and no doubt hundreds are also invited to the naming ceremony. Can't see what else they could of done....a token few ruby/sapphire invites is quite fair in my view, and even a few of the top 10 maybe goldies anyway.

Sue, I also think it's lovely, I am just saying that I would have not done it that way.

But of course, as you know, I hope all have the most fantastic time and I wish I was with you all to share the experience with you.

We had a great time last year when people from CN were chosen to go aboard Equinox. The same for IOTS a few months later. I know you will all have a fabulous time. For me, it's not really about the ship I was on but more the company I met / kept!

Cheers

Gerry

Sue, I also think it's lovely, I am just saying that I would have not done it that way.

But of course, as you know, I hope all have the most fantastic time and I wish I was with you all to share the experience with you.

We had a great time last year when people from CN were chosen to go aboard Equinox. The same for IOTS a few months later. I know you will all have a fabulous time. For me, it's not really about the ship I was on but more the company I met / kept!

Cheers

Gerry

Agree the ship visit was nice on Equinox, I enjoyed looking round and took my photos for all to enjoy who wish to see them on the web.

But this is extra special, a naming ceremony when the ship is christened by her god-mother Darcey Bussell, very pleased and thankful to be going.

Agree the ship visit was nice on Equinox, I enjoyed looking round and took my photos for all to enjoy who wish to see them on the web.

But this is extra special, a naming ceremony when the ship is christened by her god-mother Darcey Bussell, very pleased and thankful to be going.

Sue, that's just a difference of opinion I suppose.

You found the invite to Equinox 'nice'

You think the invite to Azura 'extra special'

For me the invite to Equinox was 'extra special' especially as I had been on Solstice just before and met some of the staff from there.

If I were invited to the Azura naming ceremony I would think "that's nice", no more than that though and for me it would not match the night we had with the CN crowd on Equinox. I have been on Solstice, Equinox and Ventura. Solstice and Equinox are so superior to Ventura in my opinion, perhaps that is why Azura does not really get me excited?

Perhaps it was just 'nice' for you as you were alone (not with a crowd of friends)?

Anyway, neither of us probably deserve an invite on to a cruise ship for the evening given that we could only describe it as 'nice'!!! :)

Cheers

Gerry

It was extra nice as went for 2nights, :D I did enjoy it but the naming is a once in a lifetime invite, especially for a lowly Sapphire.:)

If you like being with the CN gang wait till you meet me lol on Aurora for the party cruise!! HAHA

I think, if I'm allowed to think, that a ship's naming ceremony & gala dinner is a bit more than a ship visit.

Thats how I feel too Johnthedog.

Its (slightly!!) easier to get a ships visit, but pretty impossible to get a invite to a naming, and thats why I am excited and thankful for it.:p

I think, if I'm allowed to think, that a ship's naming ceremony & gala dinner is a bit more than a ship visit.

Why would you not be allowed to think John, very strange thing to say!

I 'think' most people would agree with you.

I just have a different view to you considering the ships mentioned.

That is, if I am allowed a view! :)

:D

Cheers

Gerry

Why would you not be allowed to think John, very strange thing to say!

I 'think' most people would agree with you.

I just have a different view to you considering the ships mentioned.

That is, if I am allowed a view! :)

:D

Cheers

Gerry

Maybe it's expressing what I think is a problem....

I just daren't say anything at the moment !!

Now OV is going, do you think James Martin should have his signature resturant on Azura instead. That would be the nuts. I know things have already been decided but where do you think he should open one if any ??

I don't think they have invited the workforce who have been working on the ship since october and still are (build team). It would have nice to say thanks for all your hard work. This goes in any job. Thats P & O for you. Which is demoralising don't you think. But the office staff get invites freely.

Archived