Weatern Med

LaPaloma

The discounted prices was what caught our attention...we had already booked our cruise for Oct..and had no intention of going in the spring..as it is so nice in Tucson...but...we saw that it was the legend...and what can I say...we are addicted. The Capt. on this trip happens to be our favorite...he is very special...is active in the water sports...dines with the psgrs...is overall very friendly and caring. He boasts the greated staff...is proud of them and they of him. All of the Seabourn staff and crews are special....the Legend just goes a few steps beyond in our opinion. The food is excellent..! This itinery is nice...St. Tropez has a nice excursion to the Medieval town of Grimaud [i think that is the spelling] that is a must.

My husband loves to watch the ship come into Port Vendres..it has to take a wicked turn...and you can see a wall where a ship didn't make it a few years back. It is a fun little village...not tourista. Monte Carlo is special if you have never been. The port is spectacular. Fun to see the yaghts. The "Christina" was in last Oct. while we were there...and a party was happening aboard. My daughter was delighted to have binaculars to enjoy the sights. Hope you join us...I know you would be charmed by the Legend.

That's really helpful. We have read so many good things about Seabourn and definitely want to book a cruise on the Legend. Having your favourite Captain would be the icing on the cake! There are obviously some good deals in April. We are just a bit concerned about the weather in April and the effect of rough seas on a smaller ship and getting sick. Have you cruised in April before? We are considering either the 7 April (longer!)or 24 April sailings.

Cruiserbunny from England

We have cruised in April.. July..Sept..Oct...Dec...Jan...Mar...You just never know when you will get rough seas. We have never had a problem with it...actually enjoy it...there is no sleep like that of a rolling shop..it is like .."back to the womb". With todays patches and bracelets...most have no problems..even if they are prone to.

Many thanks for your reply.

We had decided to go ahead before we heard from you and have booked the April 24 cruise from Barcelona to Monte Carlo:) :) :) and are now really excited!

We are not particularly prone to seasickness but will still keep our fingers crossed for good weather!!

Thanks once again. Will look forward to meeting you.

I really don't think you have to be concerned about rough seas--if you look at the trip on a map you will see the destinations are close, and no open seas between. I'll bet it will be smooth as silk. I'm sure Capt Thue-Nilsen will do his best to keep it that way. :)

Yes, that is why we went for that particular cruise rather than the one earlier in April from Lisbon. Most of the ports of call are also ports which are only possible with a small ship and most arre new to us although we have spent many holidays in France.

We are not staying in Barcelona before or Monte Carlo afterwards as we have visited these before - just doing the cruise. We have booked Seabourn Flights and transfers. What time does embarcation usually commence (our flight arrives in Barcelona at 12.00 p.m) and what happens after disembarcation if your flight does not depart until late afternoon - do they take you straight to the airport?

Would be grateful for info.

Many thanks.:)

Yes, that is why we went for that particular cruise rather than the one earlier in April from Lisbon. Most of the ports of call are also ports which are only possible with a small ship and most arre new to us although we have spent many holidays in France.

We are not staying in Barcelona before or Monte Carlo afterwards as we have visited these before - just doing the cruise. We have booked Seabourn Flights and transfers. What time does embarcation usually commence (our flight arrives in Barcelona at 12.00 p.m) and what happens after disembarcation if your flight does not depart until late afternoon - do they take you straight to the airport?

Would be grateful for info.

Many thanks.:)

If you arrive at 12:00pm they will probably take you directly to the ship. Embarcation usually starts at 2pm--but you can get on a little earlier--you will have no problem. With Seabourn transfers for disembarcation--most of the time its direct to the airport, but on some occasions they have offered a half day tour for late flights, and other times its been a hospitality room at a convient hotel to pass the time. But have no fear--you are in Seabourn hands, and they will do it right--especially with Capt Thue-Nilsen in charge! Our flights were such that we had to spend a night in Barcelona and Nice.

You have piqued my interest! I have just finished the paperwork to retire on 3/31 and shall be footloose and fancy-free! I might just try another Triplet.

Jane in PHL

We have sailed the Legend and Pride, and will do the Spirit this Oct. The ships are close, but we give the Legend a very slight edge. We have sailed the Legend 4 times, and we have a closer personal relationship with a lot of the repeat crew members. I call them the AllPro staff--great kids!! Hope your Eagles do well next week! :)

We look forward to meeting you aboard the wonderful Legend. If you want a peek at us for recognition. Go to the Seabourn.com site...hit virtual theater...then stories. We did a funny interview. We are numbers 3-6-and 19 it think...! Yes..we are silly..but..this is a good way for us to meet..as when you get aboard...short of introducing yourself to everyone..it is difficult to meet on chance.

I am planning to book the 2 legs, Monte Carlo>Barcelona>Monte Carlo. I have never used Seabourn to book flights, and did find a good fare on BA from PHL to Cannes. BA has a deal that one can stop over in London for free with a free night at one of their hotels, so I think I shall do that on the start, then fly from LHR to Cannes. I wonder, what is the distance from the airport to the ship? I wonder if I can book just the transfer. Stay tuned.Jane in PHL

That's right, Nice. I sometimes get all those cities mixed up. I was thinking of staying in Cannes, which was a promise to me from my now ex-husband...but that's another story. ;-)

Any of them would be delightful now with our temp @10 degrees!

Jane in PHL

Nice airport is about a ten minute taxi ride from the ship and the cost is around 30 euro, at least it was last year, so I don't think it necessary to book transfers with Seabourn as they tend to be very expensive, as do their flights, in my opinion.

On another thread, a Seabourner was raving about the service of Heliairmonaco.com which operates a super-scenic helicopter transfer from Nice to Monte Carlo. Said it was more like a wonderful flightseeing tour than a transfer--but quick and easy.

BTW, I think that ten-minute estimate was Nice airport to Nice port--not Monte Carlo. Seabourn embarked at Nice last year.

bgood

This from the female half of La Paloma..in case you wonder about two answers...BGood is correct on the ten minute from Nice to airport. You should count on 45 minutes in light traffic..i am not certain about rush hour... from Monte Carlo to the Nice airort. The fare for a car is about 150 Eur each way. The Helio ride a bit more...I would guess more like 250 Eur. The Nice airport is a delight in this age of difficulties...very easy.

That's fine with me, just let me check my appointment calendar for the day! I want to be sure I have an opening. <G>

My booking for the back-to-backs is in the works, and I am lining up flights..will stopover in London first, I think for a few days. (It's my favorite city!)

Jane

As far as I am aware you can only fly from London Heathrow or Gatwick to Nice. We shall be flying from LHR to Barcelona and back from Nice to LHR.
You probably noted that Jane Pond and LaPaloma are meeting at the Sky Bar before we leave Barcelona (4:45pm before life boat drill) The Sky Bar is small but I know we can fit one or two more in-- join the group of Cruise Critics! :)

Archived