Weatern Med

LaPaloma

I checked out the Seabourn site and found your 'quotes'. I never checked that part of the site. Interesting enough, I know some of the other interviewees- and of course, have sailed with Eric before.

Now, I have also checked my schedule for the 24th; I can fit you in. It looks like this, so you will know how busy I will be and how I am trying to accommodate new friends:

7:00 Rise and shine

8:00 Room service breakfast- "Yes, Mrs Pond, lox, bagel and extra cream cheese as usual?"

9:00 Wander up on deck, check out everyone leaving and gloat over being able to stay!

10:00 Consider going off the ship to see a bit of Barcelona. Perhaps a flower market so I can get fresh flowers a la our Martita.

1:30 Late lunch on the Verandah

2:30 Perhaps a nap? I have to rest up for the afternoon festivities!

4:00 Freshen up to meet my new friends; always casual dress on first night

4:45 Be prompt to the Sky Bar-!!!!!!!!!!

5:30 Watch from the Sky Bar-I don't have to repeat the drill, although I look cute in my Mae West

7:00 Dinner?

9:00 Perhaps the evening 'get acquainted' entertainment? Drinks in the Club?

Meet you soon!

Jane

Thank you. We'd love to join you! Have finally managed to view your stories on Seabourn Theatre so should recognise you.

There will be 2 of us - my husband and myself. We are from Dover, Kent, UK.

We are spending 5 days in Nice in February at the Hotel Palais de la Mediterrannee so will be able to report back on this hotel. Have read lots of good things about it.

Looking forward to 24th April...:)

• 1 month later...

Just curious, on an itinerary with so many port days, are most of the evenings casual or formal? I need to know what to wash and repack when I get home on Wednesday.

Jane (asea on the QM2 right now!)

I expect it will be the normal schedual--2 Black tie--2 Elegant Casual--and 3 Casual. Its been that way on all the one week--lots of stops cruises we have been on. The casual are first and last nights. and buffet nights.

Jane--I assume LaPaloma is referring to the on-deck Barbeque, usually held near the end of the cruise. It is a really sumptious party culminating with a rock and roll show put on by all the entertainers. It's great fun and even staff seems pumped up for it. My favorite night!

Archived