Booking while on board?

rollie

the cert if only good for a NEW cruise, one that is not already booked.

You can get 4 certs, and $400 OBC on the current cruise.

You can only use ONE cert for each future cabin. Four different cruise, or one cruise with four cabins, or whatever.

Refundable for a short period, 30 days as mentioned above. If you do turn it in, you will not get $250 back, but instead will only get $150 since you already got $100. They might not always be the smartest folks, but they are not stupid.

You cannot book on board! We tried everything on board, whilst on the Black Sea cruise on Jade in October 2009, to book the cruise immediately following. We knew there was availability but they said we could only book it through our TA. In the end we decided it was going to be too difficult to contact our TA, and costly to change homeward flights etc.

The only onboard incentive, and the best incentive on the ship by far, for booking a future cruise is to purchase a "future cruise reward" at a cost of $250. As an incentive to purchase, an immediate OBC of $100 is granted, so the real cost of the future reward is only $150 (but worth $250). Provided you are not booking a suite, the $250 future reward acts as the only deposit required at time of booking for your stateroom (provided you are not booking after normal final payment date). You have to use the reward within 4 years of the date you purchase it.

Edit: Now see that others have posted similar, whilst I was processing my response...sorry for repeat.

I know all about the next cruise 250.00 and get a 100.00 on-board the current cruise.

What I wonder is about your wanting to stay on for the next voyage. If the LA couldn't do it (although I don't know why) and you really wanted it, couldn't you have gone on-line and booked it yourself?

Can the purchase of the reward be billed to your on board account?

We have signed up for the AMEX $150 statement credit if you spend $700 onboard. This $250 plus the tipping fees will put us very close if you can do it.

We have signed up for the AMEX $150 statement credit if you spend $700 onboard. This $250 plus the tipping fees will put us very close if you can do it.

That is the ONLY way you can pay for it. It will actually show as a $250 expense, and then a $100 credit. Two different transactions. I would guess that only $150 would count towards the AMEX promo though. If you were gonna be short spending enough, this is a case where buying 4 would be a good idea. Then, 29 days later you could cancel any you had changed your mind about. Not that I would suggest gaming the system of course.

If you put done a $250 deposit (that is what they call) on a cruise while on a NCL ship, they will give you a $100 ship board credit immediately to be used on the cruise you are on at the time. Best part is you don't have to pick a ship or sail date yet.:D I believe you have a year to use it. Great deal if you know already that you will be sailing next year on NCL. We always do this, helps with drink money!:p

Can you use the deposit working through a TA or does it have to be through NCL direct?

Can you use the deposit working through a TA or does it have to be through NCL direct?

We have had our online TA apply our future cruise credit as our deposit several times!

Hi,

I have been unable to register so far.

I didn't receive the link, so I contacted American Express and got the following response:

"Dear XXX,

Thank you for your email.

I would like to inform you that we need the POID number from you to process the request. Therefore, please respond to this email with the POID number of the promotion. The promotional offer ID (POID) is in the alpha numeric form and looks like X000:0000. The Offer Identification Number will be displayed on the mailer just above the addressee's name.

If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please feel free to write to us.

Sincerely,

XXX

Email Servicing Team

American Express Interactive Services"

So, do you have the promotional offer ID?

Thank you

Archived