Private beach excursion - RCCL

familytravelcanada

• 4 weeks later...

Just posted on another thread....was just there last wednesday thru the ship tour. The good thing is that they pick you up at the ship and take you directly there, instead of having to first tender into port. That being said, I felt that $42pp was a lot of $ for this day (there were 6 of us, so $242). You only get the ride to and from, and they give you a small plastic cup of weak rum punch when you get off the tender. The area is spread out enough for the crowd, but fairly small. Everyone got a lounge chair - no problem there. They have temporary tatoos, manicures, massages for extra. We did not try any of this. The swim area was our biggest disappointment. It is a roped off area - very quiet water without any waves. Not much to see with the snorkel. There is a big water trampoline which would be fun for younger kids - I didn't see any teenagers/adults on it. I expected live or recorded carribean music, but there was none. About 2 hours into the day, a group of men gathered and played 'bongo' type instruments, which was great, but did not give you that party feel, which you may or may not care about. The food was quite expensive. I just remember the hamburgers were $10 and $12 with cheese. We chose to wait to eat back on the ship. I know many people on CC recommend it, but I really don't know why! At the end of the day, my DH, myself, and our 4 teenagers said we wouldn't go back - especially for that kind of $$. Just our opinion.

Archived