VCR on Gem

bunrattyqueen

My husband seems to think that the TV's on the NCL Gem will have VCR's as part of their setup. I doubt this very much since they make money renting movies. I would be shocked if we could bring our own movies from home and watch them.

Can someone settle our dispute? Thanks

Basically, there's no DVD players in non-suite cabins (as noted above). Even then, the TV screens are smaller than what our lap-top has. Since PPV movies are $11.95 on-board, we had brought a few of our own and played them on our "surround sound" lap-top. You can purchase movies more reasonably on the outside than give in to the "high price" that NCL charges.

Only suites have DVD players. There are no VCR players in cabins.

My husband seems to think that the TV's on the NCL Gem will have VCR's as part of their setup. I doubt this very much since they make money renting movies. I would be shocked if we could bring our own movies from home and watch them.

Can someone settle our dispute? Thanks

The funny thing is the movie's can be pricey but it is cheaper then going to the movies these days. $10.75 per person at the movies :eek:. I am taking my portable DVD player to hook up, mostly for my son to watch his Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on downtime. Enjoy your cruise, I know I will in one weeks time;)

BTW we had this discussion today at lunch regarding VCR's and I was saying I can remember when we bought our first VCR player. I am only 35 but in the technology years that is like 135 - crazy!

The funny thing is the movie's can be pricey but it is cheaper then going to the movies these days. $10.75 per person at the movies :eek:. I am taking my portable DVD player to hook up, mostly for my son to watch his Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on downtime. Enjoy your cruise, I know I will in one weeks time;)

BTW we had this discussion today at lunch regarding VCR's and I was saying I can remember when we bought our first VCR player. I am only 35 but in the technology years that is like 135 - crazy!

$10.75? Try $12.50 in NYC.

I get grief all the time from younger friends and relatives, who tell me I'm a luddite for not using Twitter and Facebook, let alone still playing CD's versus MP3's.

My first VCR was huge, weighed a ton, and had knobs. The remote (if you can call it that) was wired to the VCR (no use of infrared yet).

Stoneham? I have a sister who lives there. Small world.

$10.75? Try $12.50 in NYC.

I get grief all the time from younger friends and relatives, who tell me I'm a luddite for not using Twitter and Facebook, let alone still playing CD's versus MP3's.

My first VCR was huge, weighed a ton, and had knobs. The remote (if you can call it that) was wired to the VCR (no use of infrared yet).

Stoneham? I have a sister who lives there. Small world.

The world gets smaller and smaller, considering Stoneham is a small town, well not too small but small compared to our surrounding cities. Is she about my age?

And I still play CD's I did have an IPOD but I lost it over a year ago.

The world gets smaller and smaller, considering Stoneham is a small town, well not too small but small compared to our surrounding cities. Is she about my age?

And I still play CD's I did have an IPOD but I lost it over a year ago.

My sister is (shhhh) almost 60. She lives on Curve Road.

An extention cord.....and a multi-plug or power bar. We took a small vcr, and a power bar. The only thing was that the nearest plug was still too far away. We had to stretch the cords to the max, and the vcr was "floating" between the plug and the tv.

Archived