SCUBA on the 1 April Spirit. Any Divers?

cmdchiefthom

Hi wolfe-D,

Did you become un "real" somehow ;) :confused: .

I am doing fine and always looking forward to the next cruise, although, at present, there isn't one:( . I am hoping for a last minute deal out of Seattle for Alaska, hopefully on the Spirit, but am not counting my chickens, as Alaska seems to sell out.

In a sort of diving (it's in the water after all) vein, we snorkeled in Ketchikan last summer and it was such a great time. Maybe being a Pacific NW girl, I appreciate the experience as much as a flashy tropical one, but we had such a great time. I expected it to be fun, but to pay for it with some discomforts. It was a totally no-impact experience. I didn't get cold in, or even out, of the water. The kelp forest was other-worldly. The fish were no where near as beautiful, but just as fun. The ground in the shallows was also crawling with hermit crabs, which were a kick. A lovely day.

Good luck to both of you with finding some dive buddies!

Hey Julie

Thanks for the shout. Waz and I are really looking forward to this one. Its been a tough year with our school increasing enrollment from rigth around a thousand during 02-04 to sixteen hundred plus this year. We do really need this cruise.

Must not be many divers traveling with us on this one. We've met a ton of fellow C/C members on the roll call board, but I'm really looking for some experienced divers, (advanced level) to make the dive on the Bianca C in Grenada. It's a sunken Costa cruise ship from the 1960"s so its big and the real deal.

Anyway, good to hear from you and happy cruising.

Archived