carnival kids clubs

macfin

we haven't crusied in 6 years and the last was disney with a 1.5 yo...now we are crusiing with a 6 and 3 yo.....i know that they will be seperated, but are they in the same roo? how is the cleanliness of the areas? any info on the staff? anyone have pics of cc or even cc capers? how long are they open till? do they give you a beeper or phone??? any help would be appreciated....:o we will be on miracle may 15, anybody else on this cruise with young kids

we haven't crusied in 6 years and the last was disney with a 1.5 yo...now we are crusiing with a 6 and 3 yo.....i know that they will be seperated, but are they in the same roo? how is the cleanliness of the areas? any info on the staff? anyone have pics of cc or even cc capers? how long are they open till? do they give you a beeper or phone??? any help would be appreciated....:o we will be on miracle may 15, anybody else on this cruise with young kids

They will be in separate bu adjoining rooms. The hours on sea days are 9-12, 2-5 and 7-10, with dinner on the Lido @ 6 p.m. The areas are extremely clean, and they have the children wash their hands upon entering the space. While I have not been on the Miracle, my sons have done 4 cruises and have 2 more set this year - we have not had a bad experience yet. You can see pics by going onto CCL and pulling up the ship highlights - they show the area. For the littel one, you will get a beeper, if memory serves, but perhaps they have upgraded to the new phones people have been speaking about.

Our kids were 5 & 3 when they first cruised and my youngest threw a fit when they tried to separate them. They won't let the younger child move up into the older childs group, but the older child can move into the younger childrens group. So my older child would go into her younger siblings group with her and get her settled in and chummy with new friends and then she would leave for the older kids group. You might need to do this if your younger one gets separation anxiety.

Also, you have to have a college degree in a child related field in order to be a counselor in the Camp Carnival, so your kids are in good hands.

At the link in my signature you can find a collection of Capers from the parents of the Family Board (and the kids menu)

http://photobucket.com/cruisekidpages

They should be able to see each other to a point -- they will be separated -- but on the 3 Carnival ships we've been on, those ages have been able to at least SEE each other. ;)

When my youngest would get upset, the counselors would send my oldest over to calm her down (when possible).

Camp has always been very clean (in my opinion) :)

Archived