shorts in dining room

shelli0729

Okay' date=' let's see. You are calling me "arseholish" and a "pompous poser" yet you also are extolling how classy you are. And, if I recall, you're also the person who boasted that your "upbringing, social status, and economic status" would put mine "to shame". Oh, and that you believe that no one is better than anyone else and that you believe in "live and let live".

You're a piece of work. :rolleyes: Can you not see how pathetically hypocritical you're being? Bless your heart. :)

And please don't denigrate hillbillies. I am proud to have been a resident of East Tennessee for many years (and Oklahoma before that). :)[/quote']

Come on Allen, we haven't had hillbillies in Oklahoma since you left! :eek:

Come on Allen, we haven't had hillbillies in Oklahoma since you left! :eek:

Good one! :D

A lot of my redneck Okie relatives are still there, though. I was born in Edmond when it only had 6,000 people and one stop light. :) But most of my relative lived down near McAlester and Indianola, where there are more hills and not as many "ropers and dopers". :)

Good one! :D

A lot of my redneck Okie relatives are still there' date=' though. I was born in Edmond when it only had 6,000 people and one stop light. :) But most of my relative lived down near McAlester and Indianola, where there are more hills and not as many "ropers and dopers". :)[/quote']

Does that mean you act Indianolaish and not arseholish????

Extolling, extolling, extolling...... hmmmmmmm

And you think a post like this makes you more easily understood. Who goes around saying words like "pejorations" and "couched". I have a MBA and work in corporate office with world-wide subsidiaries and I have to look up half the words you use because they are not part of every day normal conversations. Quite frankly, your posts make my eyes hurt. If you want to be "more easily understood" try using simple English that the majority of people use.

that is part of the joke....LMAO

some people just don't get it.

:rolleyes::p

So in 385 post have we answered the burning question? Is it OK to wear shorts in the MDR?:D

I believe the dress code call for "dress shorts'

from Carnivals site.....

Is there a dress code for the dining room?

Depending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room. The dress requirement for children is the same. For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly (with the exception of the last evening of the cruise), and have a casual dress code. However, shirts and shoes/footwear (flip-flops) must be worn at all times inside the Lido restaurants.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

I believe the dress code call for "dress shorts'

from Carnivals site.....

Is there a dress code for the dining room?

Depending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room. The dress requirement for children is the same. For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly (with the exception of the last evening of the cruise), and have a casual dress code. However, shirts and shoes/footwear (flip-flops) must be worn at all times inside the Lido restaurants.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

Thinks, but I was not being serious. This thread got off track from the origional question and became a pissing contest between a couple of folks. It was fun while it lasted.

053.jpg

Maybe it's time to start another yahoo board. I'm LMAO here.:D

Excuse me while I fall out of my chair laughing!!!!!! Geez, this place needs some better smilies!!!!!!! :cool:

Let's be sure to invite KB and GardenCat!!!!!!!

ROTFLMAO!!

Although, like Allen, I have seen literally hundreds of these threads over the years. It never ceases to amaze me how resistant some people are to dressing appropriately while on a cruise ship. :confused:

Can it really be that much of a pain to wear a pair of nice pants and shirt? Well fitted pants and shirts should not be uncomfortable to wear for dinner. Do people always have to try and push the envelope and see what is the sloppiest thing they can wear?

I don't get it.

Excuse me while I fall out of my chair laughing!!!!!! Geez, this place needs some better smilies!!!!!!! :cool:

Let's be sure to invite KB and GardenCat!!!!!!!

ROTFLMAO!!

Although, like Allen, I have seen literally hundreds of these threads over the years. It never ceases to amaze me how resistant some people are to dressing appropriately while on a cruise ship. :confused:

Can it really be that much of a pain to wear a pair of nice pants and shirt? Well fitted pants and shirts should not be uncomfortable to wear for dinner. Do people always have to try and push the envelope and see what is the sloppiest thing they can wear?

I don't get it.

Hi Denise! I had a feeling you might eventually show up here! :D I would love to see Garden Cat again. Do you know what part of the pet cemetery she's buried in? :rolleyes:

"Dress shorts"? I thought those were called "skorts". :confused:

No skorts are a different breed all together. I think dress shorts are those that are more "dressy". No jean shorts, no cut off's, you know...if your boss told you that you could wear shorts to work in an office, what would you wear? I think that is what they mean by dress shorts.

I would love to see Garden Cat again. Do you know what part of the pet cemetery she's buried in? :rolleyes:

LOL! I have to admit I have no idea where she's been all these years.......:D

Archived