shorts in dining room

shelli0729

You make a lot of ignorant assumptions' date=' considering you don't have a clue as to anything about me as a person. Unless you have access to my birth certificate, you have no idea of whether I'm an octogenarian or not, and I really can't figure out what you were attempting to say in your quaint (but hardly endearing) semi-illiteracy about kids on my "law". :confused:[/quote']

Hi, Pot. My name is kettle. Would you like to make some more ignorant assumptions about the entire board and those that don't dress to your lofty standards?

And, since there's no such word as "heigh" (other than in the jingoistic context of "heigh-ho"), I'll assume you were trying to come up with the word "hie" which means to hurry away to another location.

Wow, making fun of spelling errors on the internet. The last refuge of those beaten by logic and reason...

I love Carnival, but from what I've heard from many seasoned cruisers just about no cruise line is now exempt from the strident rudeness of people such as yourself. Love ya. Mean it. :)

"Strident rudeness"? Yeah, I'll remember that one the next time you start making blanket statements about the economic status of this forum and Carnival's core demographic.

Wow, making fun of spelling errors on the internet. The last refuge of those beaten by logic and reason...

No fun was being made of your language deficiencies. I was trying to help you realize that you would be more effective in your ignorant and unfounded assumptions and pejorations if they were couched in language which made sense and was more easily understood.

If you've ever read any of my other posts, you'll realize that I never criticize anyone's spelling or grammar... unless they are being obnoxiously rude and arrogant and trying to appear much more educated and intelligent than they could ever in reality hope to be. :)

No fun was being made of your language deficiencies. I was trying to help you realize that you would be more effective in your ignorant and unfounded assumptions and pejorations if they were couched in language which made sense and was more easily understood.

If you've ever read any of my other posts' date=' you'll realize that I never criticize anyone's spelling or grammar... unless they are being obnoxiously rude and arrogant and trying to appear much more educated and intelligent than they could ever in reality hope to be. :)[/quote']

Oh, but Allen, let's let the MODERATOR decide what your posts are.

Pray tell, dear, exactly what does your continued rants against my grammatical pitfalls have to do with the topic on hand ... which is can a person wear shorts on the MDR and not me?

And while I'm flattered by your attentions, I really don't think you're my type. You're actually starting to verge on creepy now. So I'll just leave it there.

Quite frankly, the fact that you can't recognize when you're defeated on this topic and continue to launch personal attacks against my writing and misspellings shows just how petty and lacking in integrity you are.

Now, I'm going to attempt to kill this thread by notifying the moderator. You have a stunningly wonderful day now.

I had never responded to you in my life until you launched your attacks against me earlier in this thread. It's called "self-defense".

I think a lot of people would agree that whining to a moderator and trying to get a thread pulled after YOU were the one who made it personal is the ultimate in childish reactionism and proves most of the points I have gently tried to establish. :)

The true sign of losing an arguement.

No, just trying to be respectful of the whole community. Trust me, I'd *love* to play with Allen all day long -- but, that's a personal thing and has nothing to do with shorts in the MDR.

Oh, but Allen, let's let the MODERATOR decide what your posts are.

Well, darling, the moderator might just pull the thread because of YOUR ranting, raving, and out-of-control emotional responses.

At any rate, I don't plan to waste any more time pandering to your pathetic pleas for attention, even if it's negative attention, and I shall leave you to flounder in your ocean of confusion, ignorance and social obliviousness. :)

Ta ta!

Well' date=' darling, the moderator [i']might[/i] just pull the thread because of YOUR ranting, raving, and out-of-control emotional responses.

Yes, I'm positively sitting at my desk, weeping uncontrollably, because that's what us wimmin fokes do when confronted with a bully. :D

At any rate, I don't plan to waste any more time pandering to your pathetic pleas for attention, even if it's negative attention, and I shall leave you to flounder in your ocean of confusion, ignorance and social obliviousness. :)

Oh, please do. Now I don't have to read anymore of you trying to impose your personal beliefs about the dress code on the whole forum and post insulting statements like "Carnival decided to change the rules because most of their passengers are now poor!"

But you have a fantabulous day now. I'm going to go internet shopping for long dress shorts to wear to the MDR.

Come on people, be nice. I swear I thought I saw a pix on here of

one of you all dressed up with a "red thong on their head":p Was

that on elegant nite or casual nite?

It's all good.

Not me. It violates my strictly "No Underwear*" policy.

*Except under a business suit. ;)

Come on people, be nice. I swear I thought I saw a pix on here of

one of you all dressed up with a "red thong on their head":p Was

that on elegant nite or casual nite?

It's all good.

Busted! :D It was in the Supper Club on the Conquest..... but please notice that I'm wearing a suit and tie. :) It must have been my Inner Octogenarian trying to set itself free. :eek:

If you've ever read any of my other posts' date=' you'll realize that I never criticize anyone's spelling or grammar... unless they are being obnoxiously rude and arrogant and trying to appear much more educated and intelligent than they could ever in reality hope to be. :)[/quote']

And you think a post like this makes you more easily understood. Who goes around saying words like "pejorations" and "couched". I have a MBA and work in corporate office with world-wide subsidiaries and I have to look up half the words you use because they are not part of every day normal conversations. Quite frankly, your posts make my eyes hurt. If you want to be "more easily understood" try using simple English that the majority of people use.

If we wanna start a pissing contest Allen, I'll be happy to do so. I'll also bet dollars to doughnuts that my upbringing, social status and economic status will put yours to shame. I however choose to live a more casual lifestyle and also choose to live and let live. It's not me, me, me....it's about tolerance and acceptance. I'm no better than you and vice versa. You keep on complaining, I'll be rocking my shorts!:eek:

And you think a post like this makes you more easily understood. Who goes around saying words like "pejorations" and "couched". I have a MBA and work in corporate office with world-wide subsidiaries and I have to look up half the words you use because they are not part of every day normal conversations. Quite frankly, your posts make my eyes hurt. If you want to be "more easily understood" try using simple English that the majority of people use.

Apparently, it wasn't only the words that went over your head.

If we wanna start a pissing contest Allen, I'll be happy to do so. I'll also bet dollars to doughnuts that my upbringing, social status and economic status will put yours to shame. I however choose to live a more casual lifestyle and also choose to live and let live.

:eek:

popcorn.gif

I'll also bet dollars to doughnuts that my upbringing, social status and economic status will put yours to shame. I'm no better than you and vice versa. You keep on complaining, I'll be rockin my shorts!:eek:

And what empirically-based facts are you using to justify such an egotistical assumption? You don't know squat about me, my family, my background or anything else about me other than the fact that I sometimes use words which you don't understand. :rolleyes:

You say "my upbringing, social status and economic status will put your to shame" and then turn around and say "I'm no better than you and vice versa".

The word "hypocrite" cannot help but come to mind.

Get over yourself, sweetie.

Apparently, it wasn't only the words that went over your head.

No. I don't think so. He is trying to push his version of "appropriate attire" for the MDR of a Carnival Cruise Ship. What is going over his head is that "appropriate" is set by the cruise line based on the clientelle they are targeting for a customer base. In this case, Carnival is targeting a more casual customer by having a more lenient dress code. By doing so they are changing what is "appropriate" in their MDR. What is "appropriate" in a Carnival MDR is different that what is "appropriate" in a HAL MDR. When that finally sinks into his head, and he decides he would rather sail HAL to meet his definition of "appropriate" than Carnival who's dress code he considers "inappropriate", then we will all be happy.

No. I don't think so. He is trying to push his version of "appropriate attire" for the MDR of a Carnival Cruise Ship. What is going over his head is that "appropriate" is set by the cruise line based on the clientelle they are targeting for a customer base. In this case, Carnival is targeting a more casual customer by having a more lenient dress code. By doing so they are changing what is "appropriate" in their MDR. What is "appropriate" in a Carnival MDR is different that what is "appropriate" in a HAL MDR. When that finally sinks into his head, and he decides he would rather sail HAL to meet his definition of "appropriate" than Carnival who's dress code he considers "inappropriate", then we will all be happy.

And you're trying to push your version. My version is more appropriate. :) And classier. :D

Archived