celebrity mercury charleston

dayfun

hi all....i live in charleston area, and they just annouced on the 4pm local news that the mercury, whick came in today...was supposed to depart again tonight...BUT they just got an alert-the cruise is being delayed, no reason given.

have to assume the ship will need a more thorough cleaning than they can accomplish so soon?...feel for the new people!..

You don't have to guess very hard why it was delayed.

We sailed Mercury out of San Diego and the cruise that just finished had a Noro outbreak. They delay boarding while the ship is cleaned extra thoroughly. That takes time. Celebrity was good to us while we waited and provided free cookies, coffee, and sodas.

They are keeping it docked for an extra 24 hours of cleaning after 431 passengers (23%) had Noro on her maiden voyage from Charleston.

Changing the itinerary from a 11 day to 10 day western and sceduled to leave at 5 PM on Saturday, instead of Friday night.

Might try to cruise down and see her this morning. (I drove past quickly while working yesterday)

Bill

They are keeping it docked for an extra 24 hours of cleaning after 431 passengers (23%) had Noro on her maiden voyage from Charleston.

Changing the itinerary from a 11 day to 10 day western and sceduled to leave at 5 PM on Saturday, instead of Friday night.

Might try to cruise down and see her this morning. (I drove past quickly while working yesterday)

Bill

Actually she's going from a 10 to a 9 night. I know because I'm getting on the next cruise!:)

Terri

Part of the letter from Celebrity to cruiser that should have left yesterday. Very generous.

The following arrangements are being made to assist you:

• Guests who live over a two-hour drive from Charleston, and need accommodations for tonight, will have those provided by Celebrity Cruises.

• Celebrity Cruises will provide every guest with $50 for any incidental expenses, such as meals, you may incur until tomorrow’s boarding. Those funds are additional to the $20 credit you have already received today. Both credits will be provided to your onboard account during your sailing.

• Guests who sail with the ship on its modified itinerary will receive an onboard credit in the amount of two days of their cruise fare paid and a 25 percent discount on a future Celebrity Cruises sailing. The credit will be applied directly to your onboard account and may be used for any onboard purchase or service. Any unused portion will be refunded to you at the end of your cruise. Your discount will be calculated based on the cruise fare paid for your February 26 sailing. Your discount will be valid for 12 months from the date of issue and will be issued in the next four to six weeks.

• Guests who choose to cancel their cruise will receive a full refund of the cruise fare paid to Celebrity Cruises and a 15 percent discount on a future Celebrity Cruises sailing. Your discount will be calculated based on the cruise fare paid for your February 26 sailing. Your discount will be valid for 12 months from the date of issue and will be issued in the next four to six weeks.

I hope all the information in this letter helps you understand the importance we at Celebrity Cruises place on the health and safety of every one of our guests and crew members. Like you, we want to ensure that your cruise is a fun, relaxing and healthy experience. This is why we are taking these additional measures.

Again, I apologize about these unexpected events and the modifications to your scheduled itinerary. Our staff in Charleston and onboard Celebrity Mercury will do our best to minimize any further inconvenience to you.

Sincerely,

Daniel Hanrahan

President and CEO

Celebrity Cruises

Archived