Question about last minute OBC

princesskristen

I called today to ask if it was still possible to purchase Fun Ship Dollars to be applied to my booking (we sail in 6 days). The agent told me that it was but they'd have to take the order then email me a form to fill out and fax back to them along with a copy of the front and back of my card and my drivers license by 5 PM EST. The whole process was pretty easy and my card has already been charged. I'm just curious as to why they're suddenly interested in verifying my credit card and identification when it's the same card I used over the phone all the other times that I purchased the same thing. They specifically wanted to compare the signatures. Is it simply because my sail date is coming up so quickly?

I called today to ask if it was still possible to purchase Fun Ship Dollars to be applied to my booking (we sail in 6 days). The agent told me that it was but they'd have to take the order then email me a form to fill out and fax back to them along with a copy of the front and back of my card and my drivers license by 5 PM EST. The whole process was pretty easy and my card has already been charged. I'm just curious as to why they're suddenly interested in verifying my credit card and identification when it's the same card I used over the phone all the other times that I purchased the same thing. They specifically wanted to compare the signatures. Is it simply because my sail date is coming up so quickly?

Depending upon the amount you are having as the OBC determines the whole verifying of the credit card. We also do this for our cruises and this is when I have had to fill out the paperwork and fax back etc.

I ordered funship dollars today for our upcoming cruise to be placed on my onboard account. The person I spoke with told me that I could order by phone up until 2 calendar weeks (using business days) prior to the cruise. In my case, she said that after March 13, they would need me to fax the order in with a copy of my credit card.

Archived