Four points by Sheraton Hotel LAX locations-experience anyone?

Gingee

I am looking at the Four Points Sheraton LAX hotel in LA. It says that there is a bus station very close to the hotel which you can take to different locations like Santa Barbara. It also has a free shuttle to the airport.

Coming in from cruise and staying one night.

Has anyone stayed here and what do you think?

I am looking at the Four Points Sheraton LAX hotel in LA. It says that there is a bus station very close to the hotel which you can take to different locations like Santa Barbara. It also has a free shuttle to the airport.

Coming in from cruise and staying one night.

Has anyone stayed here and what do you think?

Please check out the info that's been posted on the other thread. IMO, I wouldn't suggest to anyone that they should stay at a hotel near the airport unless they have an early flight the next day. If you want to sightsee, you need to consider staying elsewhere. And please don't consider taking a local bus around the airport. It's really not a great area. (the one type of bus we would take to the airport is the Flyaway, but that's for getting to and from the Van Nuys airport to LAX, not for getting to an area for sightseeing)

And as you'll see from that other thread, Santa Barbara isn't that accessible from LAX. If you are coming in to LA for a few days and want to take a trip up north (like Santa Barbara), that's better if you rent a car. The only alternative to that I would consider would be to go on the Surfliner or Coast Starlight Amtrak trains. But unless you love scenery (you will be seeing the ocean on that route), you may just want to drive yourself -- would take you less time.

I goofed. I meant Santa Monica. I was thinking of staying by the airport due to a free shuttle to airport and then to the train station. Since my daughter and girlfriend is going to the train we thought of going to the train station and then taking a $7 shuttle to the union station.

I think we all might be getting a bit confused...

I think you meant Santa Monica rather than Santa Barbara as the place you could catch a bus to, not the hotel location...

There are two Four Points in the LAX area...one just off Century, the other just North of LAX in Culver City...I stayed at the one in Culver City years ago...on my wedding night, largely due to the free LAX shuttle--which I think that location unfortunately no longer offers...

The good news is that there is a very good alternative if one desires a hotel with a free LAX shuttle:

http://www.radisson.com/culvercityca

This is a much nicer area than the Century Blvd. area...There are restaurants, shopping and movie theaters all within walking distance--including the recently re-done Fox Hills Mall...

This is one night AFTER the cruise, right? And you fly home while the daughter leaves by train from Union Station? And you will have no rental car, correct? So, you "shuttle" or taxi from the pier to the hotel, check in, sightsee using local buses, return to the hotel at night and leave thenext day--you to LAX, your daughter by bus from LAX to Union Station, then by train?

I would suggest you think about the Radisson...

This past December we staid there because of their location, free shuttle to and from the airport and the beach along with other surrounding area destinations, and the price & room was great!

We recommend it!

We had planned to go to the beach on the other side of LAX (Dockweller State Beach) for the day, we understood it would be a free shuttle ride, so call and double check with the hotel to see if they are sill offering this.

There was also a ride to Disneyland along with other destinatins, I don't think it was free, but low cost.

• 2 weeks later...
What beaches did they offer the free shuttle to? I understood it that the shuttle was just for the airport (free one). We may even stay in Venice if we can decent price accomodations.

They offer a round trip shuttle to manhatten pier and 2 shopping area cannot remember they name but it is $3.00 per person

Archived