HolidayInn.Lauderdale by the Sea(beware)

puffer46

I had earlier asked about this hotel in ft. lauderdale and received a few opinions about this hotel being "past it's prime". I also had seen on the web somewhere that it had been refurbished. Now I was really confused !!! So I emailed AAA (I'm a member so why not). I asked them to look into this hotel for me and find out for sure if this hotel was refurbished recently or what. They called me on the phone the next day saying that they called the hotel direct and asked them. It seems that they had SOME remodeling done 4 yrs. ago and that it was an older hotel. She (at AAA) advised me that I might be more comfortable looking around for another hotel. I thought that was very nice of her to call me with the info. and wanted to pass along this info. for anyone else who was looking at that hotel as well. PICTURES SURE CAN BE DECEIVING !!!! So beware... And thanks for all those who tried to warn me ahead of time. Sorry I doubted you. Linda

The thing is that a lot of the hotels along the beach in Fort Lauderdale are older properties. We just stayed at the Yankee Clipper and the movie "Where the Boys Are" was filmed there!!! I have had friends who have stayed at the Holiday Inn and said it was perfectly adequate. It probably wouldn't be my first choice but if I won it on a $50 Priceline bid I am sure it would do just fine.

:)

i posted this on january 19th -----------and i didnt get the hotel thru priceline--it was the cheapest hotel i could find thru normal channels

""stayed at this hotel for 2 nites this past weekend and all i can say is the property has seen much better days----they also rent out poolside rooms to what looks like high schoolers. went past a couple of rooms with open doors and there are 7 or 8 kids in there with beer cans all over the place and they just take over the pool ---making noise til about 11pm"""

I think people might be confusing the Holiday Inn in Ft. Lauderdale (corner of A1A and Sunrise-across the street from the beach), with the Holiday Inn in Lauderdale by the Sea(about 2 miles North). They are 2 different properties, with the 1 on the corner of Sunrise getting the bad reviews(It is also the 1 that comes up on Priceline.)

Archived