Lamanai with Island Marketing Ltd. ?????

ninjasquash

Has anyone used this group for the river/ruins tour? They are only a few dollars cheaper than the cruise ship and I was wondering how well they got us back to the boat on time. I would really prefer to use a smaller tour co. versus the ship but don't want to miss the ship!! Also, how knowledgeable were their guides.

Thanks for the input! I rely on the excellent CC member reviews! :)

Has anyone used this group for the river/ruins tour? They are only a few dollars cheaper than the cruise ship and I was wondering how well they got us back to the boat on time. I would really prefer to use a smaller tour co. versus the ship but don't want to miss the ship!! Also, how knowledgeable were their guides.

We used them in Feb 2007 to go to Lamanai. They were great and got us back to the ship (tender) on time.

• 4 weeks later...

We used them in Feb 08 for this tour. We were the only two on the tour. Got back to the port with 30 min to spare before last tender.

Thought I would answer my own question now that I am back!:) It was the best excursion ever thanks to Cordell, IC, Marcus and Jason!!!! The river tour was great fun with wildlife sightings, local fisherman in interesting boats, beautiful scenery and we won the boat race!!!LOL We had a monkey on board for a snack, the monkey, not us!!! Great picture opps! Lunch at the ruins made by the wives was better than cruise food!! IC was a great tour guide at the ruins, very knowlegable, very personable, very proud of his heritage.

All in all an outstanding experience and we were back to the port in plenty of time to catch out tender. Thanks guys!!!

I have been contemplating doing this same tour with this company but was very concerned about getting back to port in time. I am not really concerned with the tour company at all. I've seen enough good reviews of them to feel comfortable. I would really enjoy the ride up the river, but can also incorporate a river ride with Altun Ha through Carnival and ensure we are not left behind. I am hoping you can offer some insight/advice. How much time did you have to spare? Were you ever concerned you wouldn't make it back? I am scared to take the risk and need some reassurance.

Puhkuh, I can relate to your hesitation!!! We got back to the port area with over an hour to spare. We were actually racing a tour boat from one of the other cruise ships and we know we made it back before they did. The operators are very aware of ship times and do everything in their power to get everyone back on time. I have used private tour groups in the Caribbean and on an Alaska cruise and have never been disappointed. The private companies I have used and nearly all were recommended by fellow cruisers on cc, have always been professional, entertaining and knowledgable!!!! Whatever you decide, have a great time;)

Archived