Decorate Doors and Windows?

cmd1978

Does anyone know if the Monarch has metal doors? I have just a few painted wooden magnets that I want to put on the door (flip flops, palm trees etc). I love to decorate my home for holidays and special occassions - and our first cruise is definitely a special occassion! :D

Just be aware that someone may swipe your stuff! So don't put anything out you're not prepared to lose.

When we were on the Vision, we were given a few magnets by folks at our Meet 'n' Mingle, and two days later some of them were gone. :mad: And we were in one of those weird little middle corridors, not even one of the higher-traffic main corridors!

Just be aware that someone may swipe your stuff! So don't put anything out you're not prepared to lose.

When we were on the Vision, we were given a few magnets by folks at our Meet 'n' Mingle, and two days later some of them were gone. :mad: And we were in one of those weird little middle corridors, not even one of the higher-traffic main corridors!

I can't imagine swiping someone's MAGNETS! :confused: How silly...but the ones I am bringing are less than $1 each from Hobby Lobby so it's certainly no loss if someone decides they love them so much they just have to have them. ;)

I guess I'm tacky. I always make magnetic signs for my cabin door.
Magnets ?? HHHmmmm ???

At first I thought the the whole decorating thing was pretty silly! :) But, how many of us have those car magnets for our favorite teams? I think I might need to display mine proudly on my next cruise !

I forgot about this thread. Not only is Halloween the best holiday going, but it's my anniversary. I decorate my home for the holidays and I celebrate if I'm not at home. It's not been Halloween to me since I left leaves, cool weather and mums 5yrs. ago, so I'm gonna do what I have to do.

No, I do not decorate hotel rooms, since the cruise lines offer decorations for charge and others have done so themselves, it seems permissable.

If anyone thinks I'm tacky, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

I just got off the Jewel a few weeks ago and I decorated our door and part of the wall surrouding it for Valentines Day. The day after I changed it out to a Carribean theme for the rest of the trip. I got lots of positive comments on it, my favorite from the Captain. He was walking by our room as we were leaving for dinner and he stopped to say how he liked it, and even commented on the fact that it had changed mid cruise.

I also decorate hotel rooms if I travel with my grandchildren as it helps them to find the room.

Have fun with it, heck I even blow bubblels off the balcony. Life is to short to worry about other people.

Shirtee

I think it's a hoot to look at the different decorations. And I will be joining in this time. It'll be Mom's bday and well, our door will reflect that.

I think it's funny that folks find the door decorations tacky but the overall gaudiness of some parts of the ships perfectly fine. I guess it goes to show we each have or own taste. Life is too short not to have a good time and celebrate. Five or more days later we are back to our offices, cubicles and routines - I choose to enjoy it and hope that others do the same while on their break.

Our Radiance sailing last month was over the start of Chinese New Year. When at home, I would celebrate Chinese New Year with decorative paper Chinese "fortunes" and happiness symbols over our door and in our home. Thus, over this cruise, I brought onto Radiance a little bit of my culture and tradition, and promptly taped to our Stateroom door the paper "fortunes" and prosperity note to help us greet the Lunar New Year on 2/14. I'm glad I did it and with not being at home during such an important ocassion and by doing so, I didn't have to feel like I was missing out on an important cultural tradition!!

DH joked that having the decorative Chinese "fortunes" on the door also helped to assure him that that's OUR Stateroom in a sea of exact same Stateroom doors!

AND yes, by the end of our cruise I did thoroughly remove everything I had taped up including the tape......

• 2 months later...

For those who ask: "Do you decorate your hotel rooms?" the answer is sometimes "yes". Disney, specifically, will decorate the windows for you and the kids love it.

I do it on the cruise to make it easier for the kids to find the room. The last one was wooden doors - so we used the "sticky tabs" so they wouldn't leave residue and dollar store tropical fish cut-outs. A few got torn down, but I still had to take a few down by the end of the week.

On our last cruise I decorated our door with "tropical" themed magnets. We were on a b2b cruise. It sure helped finding our cabin. However, on the second week every morning our magnets would be on doors all down the hall. Some of our magnets were stolen. I gave our stewardess extra money to find them. She found them in some other persons cabin and returned them to us. Not sure if I will decoarate again.

Same thing happened to me and my brothers cabin on an almost-Christmas cruise. Literally 30 or so min after I put them up some kids, who were younger than my 17 year old self, had stolen/ripped half of them and put them in their rooms. I was thankful when I mentioned it to the stewardess and she returned them to us.

I am thinking of tooting my own horn and putting up graduation decorations as my upcoming cruise is to celebrate my college graduation.:)

My little sister and I have an Boardwalk balcony on the Oasis this August and will be putting a sign up on our balcony so we can spot it from down below!

I'm also going to put a sign up on our cabin door because it makes it so much easier to spot the door without having to bother looking at all the numbers, especially for the first few days.

I don't think it's "tacky" at all - we aren't painting our door gold and sticking fake jewels all over it, just a simple sign with our names on!

I'm planning to decorate our door on our cruise in a couple weeks. We're traveling with family (BIL & SIL, and FIL) so it will be easy for them (and us) to find our cabin. Not a whole lot, but the CC M&M poster and maybe something else. I also bought something at the Dollar Tree to put on our balcony - mainly because I want to be able to find it when we're in port.

cmd1978 -

It is your cruise. You paid for it! Have fun! Decorate your door and have a blast! If I may quote from Auntie Mame "Life is a banquet and some poor b%^&$&%s are starving to death". Enjoy the moment!

Don

Archived