snorkel La Gordina/Coconut Grove

Prankster

I found some refernces to La Gallion (Gordina) or Coconut Gove Bay having a reef all around it. It sounds like it would be good snorkeling but no one seems to mention it when talking about snorkeling in St. Martin. Anyone have experience with this beach?

I found some refernces to La Gallion (Gordina) or Coconut Gove Bay having a reef all around it. It sounds like it would be good snorkeling but no one seems to mention it when talking about snorkeling in St. Martin. Anyone have experience with this beach?

I found information on this board that the snorkeling is quite good by the rocks to the left of the beach if you are facing the water. We are going to try it in a few weeks so if you would like I can post about it on my return.

• 4 weeks later...

My teens and DH tried snorkeling at Le Gallion last weekend and the only fish that they came across were silver ones by the floating dock. They did not see a single fish by the rocks. Just to let you know on two visits to Mullet we only saw a few fish by the rocks on one occasion and on the second trip it was too rough and we could not snorkel. At Dawn beach this past Sunday morning it was also to rough to snorkel as we would have been thrown into the rocks. Tintamere was extremely calm and shallow and again only a few fish to mention. We did see a very small stingray in the very shallow water out in front of the beach at Pinel and some sea slugs and the girls saw some sea anenomies there as well. We did not venture over to the specified snorkeling site at Pinel this time. I wish I had a more exciting report to give you.

Archived