Taxi cost to accura beach

ISLAND DIVA

How much is a taxi to Accura beach from the port?Where should we ask to be dropped off?Should we ask the driver to come back at a certain time or are taxis available.Does the Hilton have day passes ,I have not been able to get a response from the email as it comes back not delivered.Thankyou .

Taxi is $7.50 US per person each way and the cab drivers won't take a group of less than 4. If you don't have 4 people, they will make you wait until another couple shows up. Just ask for accra beach. There's a taxi drop off area. The driver will come back for you. Accra is a nice beach with chairs, umbrellas and facilities. Haven't been to the Hilton since it reopened so don't know what kind of facilities/passes are available.

US$ 30 for a taxi to Accra!! ...to coin a phrase "they saw you coming" I reckon you could get anywhere on the island for that. I did post a taxi calculator. No offence but this question has been asked so many times, you will find so much information if you look, people may not bother replying. Taxis plentiful, just go to the Hilton for lunch & use the facilities, I don't see the point of a pass other than politeness, after all you would walk into a hotel at home without a pass.

I know what the taxi calculator said. I did my research, printed the calculator, and had it with me. I also know what the signs outside the terminal builiding at the taxi stand said. There was no negotiating. It was $7.50 US pp to Accra, and there was no confusion about which currency. There was no driver who would go to Accra without a minimum of 4 passengers at that rate. You might get a different rate from outside the port, but it didn't work that way for taxis with port access. Taxi drivers don't want to go to Accra. They would rather take you to a west coast beach because they won't need to drive through town.

We each had beach gear and snorkeling gear in backpacks. It was 87F and the sun was blazing. A mile of hiking in flip-flops with full pack (in both directions) just to get outside the gate and save $15 was not my idea of vacation or a good use of precious beach time.

I'm confused about taxi fare to Accura. The taxi fare calcultor gives streets and I wasn't sure which one is near accura or which currency it is posted in. Also, seems like there is taxi fares posted near the taxi stands so why is there so much talk about difference in taxi fares? What should I pay in american dollars for 4 persons? Should we walk outside of the gates for better fares? I don't really want to haggle over a taxi fare. How far is Accura beach from the dock?

Accra is too far to walk really, not impossible but not practical. Taxis should not charge by the number of people unless it is a minibus for 5 or more people. Accra Beach & Rockley beach are the same so just ask for "Accra /Rockley beach" As far as I know the calculator I posted is in BDS$

We each had beach gear and snorkeling gear in backpacks. It was 87F and the sun was blazing. A mile of hiking in flip-flops with full pack (in both directions) just to get outside the gate and save $15 was not my idea of vacation or a good use of precious beach time.

So you paid for convenience

Archived